Is my motherboard dead?

SpartanSpurs

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
Before I get started here are the specs of my PC:
i5 2500k, Gigabyte z68ma-D2H-B3, 8GB Blackline mushkin ram, 500w volta mushkin PSU, Gigabyte GTX 660 windforce, Corsair H60 cooler and the rest isn't really important.
Well I had a problem for a while with my PC randomly rebooting during games and after research I learned it was probably a problem with my power supply or motherboard. So I reset the bios to see if any settings were causing a problem, however after re-clocking my 2500k back to 4.2Ghz (which it had been running at less than 40 degrees at prior) my computer is now refusing to post. I used a jumper to clear the cmos after and even removed the cmos battery for about 10 minutes. It just reboots every time before it posts, sometimes after 1 second of turning on, some times up to 7 seconds. The motherboard isn't beeping either to signify an error and its continued to do exactly the same thing even after disconnecting everything apart from the motherboard, fans and PSU. One last thing, the fans and pump run at boot, I'd guess they're running at full speed.

G

Did you try it without the overclock?

arrpee

SpartanSpurs

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012

Yeah, I reset the bios with the clear cmos jumper and I removed the cmos battery.