[SOLVED] Is my motherboard dead?

Feb 17, 2019
Help. Here’s the situtation one day my pc randomly shut off then couldn’t turn it back on. I’ve gotten a new power supply evga bq 650w still doesn’t turn on. I’ve tried to remove and switch dims as well for my ram still doesn’t turn on. I took apart my pc into a bare bone system just with everything except for the case. Doesn’t turn on does this lead to the motherboard?

Solution
The PSU tester is just power good (PG) on test. Nothing else.
The real PSU tester is to stress your PSU to 100% without voltage drops +/-5% of their nominal value.
But if its new psu that should not be the issue.

Regardless, if motherboard doesnt respond with psu only, i would call it toasted.
If you can try RMA, if you still have provided warranty.
Feb 17, 2019
If the motherboard doesnt respond with CPUw/heatsink and PSU it could be dead motherboard or dead power switch of the case.
In either case, the motherboard with any fan attached to it should spin it up/start up regardless.
Thanks, funny enough the fans don’t respond with the motherboard and I’ve tried the screwdriver trick still doesn’t work. That should indicate that my motherboard is dead thanks.

The real PSU tester is to stress your PSU to 100% without voltage drops +/-5% of their nominal value.

Regardless, if motherboard doesnt respond with psu only, i would call it toasted.

Solution
Feb 17, 2019

I’ve just gotten a new motherboard and I got a new power supply a couple of days ago, hopefully my pc goes back to normal.