Question Is My Motherboard dead?

IamBread

Reputable
Apr 3, 2019
Hi I'm Bread, I recently started my new build, The Specs are ASUS ROG Strix B350-f gamin, 32 gbs Of Ripjaws Gskill ram, Asus 1070 video card, and an AMD Ryzen 5 2600x. When I put the build together I tried turning it on, but no boot. The CPU fan was spinning, I even felt the hard drive at it was turning on, My PSU fans were spinning, but my 1070 fans would stop spinning. I immediately thought my graphics card was dead, but before I put it to the test on a old MB I had, and the fans spun and it seemed to work just fine. Then I thought about taking out all the pieces and trying to boot it up with as little as I could to see what was dead, and of course everything worked fine but the GPU fans stopped again and the onboard graphics wouldn't boot. Should I try and replace the cmos battery? The thing is ive never used the board so why would it have boot problems with its BIOS

IamBread

Reputable
Apr 3, 2019
What BIOS version does it have? Looks like it needs to be version 3203 or newer to support 2nd gen Ryzen.

You should return that motherboard and get a b450 series to take advantage of the 2600x features.
I never have started up the motherboard i dont know what BIOS it has the system has never booted since its new. I did decide to get B-450f and its on its way ill see how it works when it gets here thanks so much