[SOLVED] Is my motherboard dead

Jul 12, 2021
Hi everyone ,
Run into some trouble after purchasing a new monitor. I don't know if the problem is related but seems strange it has happened after using my new monitor. So after using my new monitor for a few hours my pc has just stopped working, the motherboard seems to have stopped working as the lights no longer come on the light on the graphics card comes on and the power button light comes on and I can turn the pc on but no display no fans and no lights on the motherboard, can anyone help me

Solution
it would definitely be a coincidence with the system failing just as connecting a new display.
there's no way it could affect the motherboard or power supply.

remove the motherboard from the case and try setting up the system with a very minimal barebones setup.
have only the 24pin motherboard power & 8pin CPU power connected.
no disks, no peripherals, no GPU, nothing connected but a single RAM module in slot A_2.

see if the board appears to power up.
Jul 12, 2021
I7 Intel 6700
Geforce rtx Asus 3060 super I think
Gigabyte z1z0x gaming 3
Corsair tx750m
I can't say much more as I can't see the specs on my pc sorry
Regards Dan

it would definitely be a coincidence with the system failing just as connecting a new display.
there's no way it could affect the motherboard or power supply.

remove the motherboard from the case and try setting up the system with a very minimal barebones setup.
have only the 24pin motherboard power & 8pin CPU power connected.
no disks, no peripherals, no GPU, nothing connected but a single RAM module in slot A_2.

see if the board appears to power up.

Solution