Question Is my motherboard defective?

Nov 18, 2019
Hi

I just upgraded my PC with new components (Motherboard, CPU, RAM and GPU - but I kept old PSU and HDD+SSD's) and it is now crashing every time I try to play a game. I can usually play anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes before it will suddenly freeze or screen goes black and then the computer restarts. No BSOD or any other warning.

It doesn't seem to have any problems when I'm just sitting on desktop or browsing the internet so I initially thought it must be the GPU so I switched it out with another GPU that I know is good and has been working flawlessly for months but unfortunately it didn't make any difference. Still crashed in the same way as before.

Then I thought it had to be the PSU so again I switched it out with one I knew to be good but again the problem persisted. So now I am thinking it could be the motherboard but I don't know if there's any way to tell?

I am hoping it could also just be some weird driver/software issue but I have run out of ideas and must admit I don't have sufficient knowledge or experience to solve this myself, so I am really hoping someone here can help me.

My hardware components:
Corsair CX750 - 750W PSU (Bronze certified) - Also tested with Corsair RM850 (Gold)
MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX - Used factory bios initially but later upgraded to most recent from MSI
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X - 6 cores @ 3.6 GHZ
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 RAM - 2 x 8 GB
Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming OC 8GB - Also tested with Radeon RX 580

I have a shared dropbox folder with dxdiag and minidump files from bluescreenviewer here:
-> Dropbox folder

What I have tried so far:
Tested with other GPU
Tested with other PSU
Monitored temperatures and voltages with Aida64 extreme (on G19 keyboard LCD)
Windows Memory Diagnostics
Updated BIOS to most recent and also tried most recent beta version
Updates Radeon graphics drivers to most recent and also tried most recent beta drivers
Fresh Windows 10 install with all windows updates

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2019
Decided to try an older game to see if that made any difference.
And looks like it actually did, since I've had Portal 2 running for over 6 hours with no crash.

So apparently it can handle some games but maybe it's because it was only utilizing 10 % of my CPU and and 25 % of my GPU.