[SOLVED] Is my motherboard defective

Dec 16, 2020
Just bought a A320m Pro Max motherboard and when I power it on nothing shows up. How can I tell if it’s defective? I’m not sure how it would be if I bought it new but any help would be appreciated! Thank you

Solution
Build your system outside of the case to rule out an electrical short. If you've not done this before, follow this process:
  1. Get cardboard, wood, or any non-conductive surface
  2. Disconnect all cables/wires from motherboard, except for CPU fan
  3. Move any components that might hinder removal of the motherboard from the case
  4. Remove the motherboard from the case (leave the RAM and CPU installed), then place it on the surface from step 1
  5. Remove the PSU from the case
  6. Reinstall your GPU
  7. Connect the PSU to the GPU and motherboard
  8. Look on your motherboard for the power switch pins
  9. Jump the pins with a metal object, like a flathead screwdriver, to power up your rig
  10. test for stability (if successful)
Build your system outside of the case to rule out an electrical short. If you've not done this before, follow this process:
  1. Get cardboard, wood, or any non-conductive surface
  2. Disconnect all cables/wires from motherboard, except for CPU fan
  3. Move any components that might hinder removal of the motherboard from the case
  4. Remove the motherboard from the case (leave the RAM and CPU installed), then place it on the surface from step 1
  5. Remove the PSU from the case
  6. Reinstall your GPU
  7. Connect the PSU to the GPU and motherboard
  8. Look on your motherboard for the power switch pins
  9. Jump the pins with a metal object, like a flathead screwdriver, to power up your rig
  10. test for stability (if successful)

Solution