Question Is my motherboard DOA?

Aug 21, 2019
Hi. I recently upgraded my pc with a new motherboard, ram and a cpu. I chose to go with a Gigabyte Aorus x470 Gaming 7 Wifi, AMD Ryzen 3600 and 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600mhz.
I installed everything last night with a AMD Athlon CPU to update the BIOS to work with the Ryzen 3600 only to be met with a black screen. Everything comes on and all the fans spin but it doesn't post. I tried again and again only to have it post about 10 tries in but missed the opportunity to get into the BIOS because of excitement of it finally working.
I need to know why it does this. Obviously I cant use it like this forever. The Motherboard gives me the CPU led for a error but if it was the CPU it would surely never post. This leads me to wonder if its the motherboard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have a wonderful day.

Lutfij

Titan
In spite of having text in your post, there are a lot of information missing from it.

List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Which CPU did you use to update the BIOS on the board? Speaking of BIOS which version are you trying to update to? The boards that support older gen Ryzen will loose support for said older processors once you update to the latest BIOS update.

You get a black screen while on the Athlon(which version) or do you see it after dropping the Ryzen 5 3600?

Aug 21, 2019
The items in the PC when I tried booting and got the blue screen was.

CPU: Athlon 200GE
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 Wifi
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600mhz 16GB
SSD: Kingston 120GB
GPU: Gigabyte 970 Windforce X3 OC(Used for video output as the motherboard doesn't have a video out)
PSU: Antec 750w Fully Modular 80+Gold
Chassis: Antec H110 Luce

I've only installed the AMD Athlon 200GE to update the Bios with. As far as I know, the Motherboard comes with F4 Bios version F4. I need to update it to F40 to work with 3rd Gen Ryzen. I've only gotten the PC to post once after a bunch of tries and didn't get to update the BIOS yet

TRENDING THREADS