Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
Ok so the parts in question are:

Intel i5 3750k
G1.Sniper 3
Corsair vengeance LP 8gb
Amd 7970
Corsair professional hx850

I set the parts up in my case exactly how the newegg videos instructed(1st build) but I can't get past the POST, the LED display shows error codes 15- northern memory bridge initializing, and 53- error initializing memory.

The ram is not DOA, as I bought the same ram from best buy and it didn't fix the problem. The ram is compatible too, according to the user manual. So is my motherboard DOA? Or is it the CPU?

jasont78

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009

pull it out and bench it with nothing ram and psu use your onboard video and also reset the bios just to make sure. as oldie said it may need bios update and in that case you may need to get your hands on a 2nd gen 'i' cpu

Alex19420

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
Would a cheap i3 work? Because I don't want to waste more money only to not have it work again. :/ and yea I reset CMOS a few times, nothing, will try running it with only ram.

jasont78

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009

you could get cheap celeron they are like 30-40 bucks, but yeah both the north bridge and memory controller are on the cpu so i sounds like it could be a bios or you could go to a compu store where they may have a cpu sitting around for this very occassion surely they would charge to much just to do a bios

Alex19420

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
Ok, I tried running it without anything but ram like you said and it cuts on for about 2 seconds then goes down. Does that mean anything or is it still most likely the bios?

You need the cpu/heatsink and at least one stick of ram to get a post screen. Try removing the motherboard button battery for one minute, and reinstall. There's a seller at anandtech's for sale forum with a g530 for $33 shipped. Or $38 w/heatsink. Best deal I could find.

Alex19420

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
Ok, I'll go to best buy and get one for 40 so I don't have to wait for shipping, and try it.
I don't want to wait for shipping because if something actually is DOA there's only a certain time I can wait to RMA.

Also I don't think I need to reseat the battery because the g1.sniper 3 has aCMOS button as well as an alternate BIOS switch, unless you think it will make more of a difference.
Anyway I'll repost when I've tried this and let you guys know what happens, thanks for responding.

Edit: ordered one off amazon, bestbuy apparently doesn't carry CPUs of any kind anymore,save their online store. It should be here on Saturday.