Question Is my motherboard fried?

May 21, 2020
Hey, just finished my first pc build ever, and am therefore completely new to the world of hardware. It was going relatively smoothly, until I tried to boot up my computer.
My fans, case lighting, motherboard lighting, keyboard, and mouse all light up when I turn on my pc. However, I receive no video output, and am worried as too whether or not I have to replace my motherboard. My PSU isn't the problem, as I calculated everything and I have more than enough wattage. What do I do? Is my motherboard fried?

Specs:
Gigabyte GeForce 1650
Intel Core i5-9400F
Corsair Vengeance LPX
Inland Premium 256 GB NVMe M.2 SSD
AORUS H370 Gaming 3 WiFi
PowerSpec PS 650GSM PSU

May 21, 2020
so i wont have to return anything? because taking it in voids the warranty right? I didn't do anything irregular, and the one thing im not getting is display.

Last edited:

Bassplate

Reputable
I would suggest you try these few tricks to try to Reach your Bios.
First off all i would recommend you Reset your Bios First before attempting any other Solution.
How to Reset Bios(On your Motherboard there should be 3 jumper Pins Located near the CMOS Battery on your motherboard or near your RAM slots..This pins are there for an hard reset for Bios.
Note=Reset your Bios using the Jumper method...Place the jumper on the on the first few pins and leave it for a few minutes(When the jumper has been placed on the CMOS Reset pins you should try booting up your system(NOTE=YOUR COMPUTER ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO START UP WHILE THE JUMPER IS STILL ON THE BIOS RESET PINS)When the computer doesn't start up it means that the RESET has been successful.
Or you can just simply take out the CMOS battery for a few minutes and place it back in....or maybe Replace the Battery.
Make sure when you are done with the Reset to put the jumper to the Default Pins on the Bios Reset pins.(usually pin 2 and 3)
If you struggle with the Bios reset simply view this tutorial of other ways as well=
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EcLD7KEOQo

If you did that and the system still doesn't Boot Up...this next step is highly recommended.
1.Remove your Graphics card(GPU) and Connect your Screen onboard(Integrated graphics)then try Booting up your System.(NOTE-If your system Boots up straight into Bios screen..Try to enter the bios Setup and double check if your PCI chipset is not Disabled...Make sure that the CPI Chipset is set to PCI Express and not PCI.
2.Remove all your RAM Sticks and use only One RAM Stick per Time and Per Slot.RAM Sticks are also known of the thread that prevent a computer from Booting Up.
3.Check all Power Connections and Front Panel connections.
4.Use a other screen with a different screen input...(Maybe use DVI then HDMI)
5.Disconnect all drives connected then try booting up.(A broken or damaged hardrive can cause your powersupply's voltage to drop and would be hard to Power up and load Bios.

Try these and i hope something Helps :benetton::benetton::benetton:

Bassplate

Reputable
Wow thanks! I have reset using the cmos jumper multiple times and the computer has turned on every time. how do i solve this problem?
Okay have you tried booting your System without the Graphics card connected.
We can worry about Bios Reset in a Second...We just need to get Bios to Load first :benetton::benetton:
remove your Graphics card and Use only one RAM Stick and try again(Connect your Screen onboard...Make sure your RAM is perfectly connected AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BUZZ SPEAKER CONNECTED TO THE MOTHERBOARD)That's the most important off all is the Bios Buzz Speaker(We need to listen for Beep codes now sins you have no Display and Bios not loading.

Bassplate

Reputable
I also have no bios speaker but i have ordered one and it will arrive in the next week.
should i test the ram stick in a different slot each time?
Hmmm yeah its Really important to have a speaker connected because its there for showing any problems according to your Components and there for to show that your components are fine(bios single Beep code means the Scan to components are successful)
But still you can try to Boot without the GPU and only One RAM stick and you can let us know if it worked... :benetton::benetton::benetton:

May 21, 2020
Ok so the graphics card is out and i have attempted to boot with a single ram, and I have tested all four RAM slots, none of which worked. I also removed my drives as well, to no avail.

Reactions: Bassplate

Bassplate

Reputable
Ok so the graphics card is out and i have attempted to boot with a single ram, and I have tested all four RAM slots, none of which worked. I also removed my drives as well, to no avail.
I'm Sorry that didn't helped...Now the Buzz Speaker could be really handy now.
You are going to have to test if your Motherboard isn't faulty and to do that we are going to need a Bios buzz Speaker for that.
Meanwhile on your await you can take out your CPU and double check if there are no bend pins on the CPU socket or something...Any small problem could lead to a massive Situation.

May 21, 2020
I took the computer to a shop, got the BIOS updated, and have also recieved the BIOS speaker in the mail. I have tried booting the computer up, and I recieved a singular short beep, which i assume means it was successful? However, I am still not recieving display, and my graphics card's fan will begin to spin for about 15 seconds, and then stop spinning. I have tried removing the card and replacing it. What should I try?

TRENDING THREADS