[SOLVED] Is My Motherboard Going Bad?

Rallient

Commendable
Dec 2, 2019
I've had my motherboard for a couple of years now and for the last 6-8 months I've noticed a few things that have made me question if I need to look into getting a new motherboard. Sometimes what happens is if I'm using my headphones, sometimes the audio will switch to my regular speakers, the RGB lights freeze up very vividly, and for a split second my mouse does as well. I've had a few errors in the past where my system would not turn back on and the motherboard displayed those red codes on it but once I was able to get it up and running, it seemed to fix itself. I have noticed that when I boot my PC there is one red light but of course, it goes off so I'm not for sure if that's normal or not.

All of my specs are relatively new, this has been happening even before my CPU swap. (I had a Ryzen 3 2200g in the past).

Ryzen 7 2700x [Stock Speed]
RTX 2060 [Brand new, just got it a couple of weeks ago]
16GB Ram Corsair Vengeance [2999Mhz]
Corsair 650W PSU
MSI B350 PC Mate
500GB Samsung 970 Evo NVME
450GB Kingston SSD
2 TB Seagate HHD

What made me post this thread was I was recently playing Mortal Kombat X, and the cutscenes began to include massive frame drops, and then the sound started to get all crackling and distorted, sounding not good at all. I even switched my speakers and played music, the crackling sound was still there. It did not go back to normal until after I had quit the game. I really hope that this is not a CPU problem as I have had the CPU since late January, but anything information helps!

Solution
It can be the problem with PSU, CPU or Motherboard.
Now as you have said that problem was also before the current CPU, then the problem will be with the Motherboard, if its fine, then check your PSU.
Mouse, audio, lights kinds of problems you have mentioned shows that problem is with the motherboard.
So check it first. or better to replace it.
Make sure Windows and drivers are working fine also.

ak195

Distinguished
It can be the problem with PSU, CPU or Motherboard.
Now as you have said that problem was also before the current CPU, then the problem will be with the Motherboard, if its fine, then check your PSU.
Mouse, audio, lights kinds of problems you have mentioned shows that problem is with the motherboard.
So check it first. or better to replace it.
Make sure Windows and drivers are working fine also.

Solution

Rallient

Commendable
Dec 2, 2019
How could I properly diagnose that the motherboard is the issue before spending money on something that I could potentially not need? This motherboard is a bit outdated compared to newer ones, and I've looked up that higher default clock speeds with ram and the CPU could possibly be a reason as well.