[SOLVED] Is my Motherboard now dead?

tomseurocat

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2014
I just mflashed my bios and when it finished the pc started like it was finishing the process. The only issue is now my pc acts like I need to clear the CMOS by numbering the BAT1 because my keyboard is now dead so I can't go any further. I pulled out the battery and jumpers the BAT1 and still I get the dead keyboard, as well as, the associated bsod. I don't know where to go from here. Is my mobo now corrupted and dead or can this be fixed?

X370 gaming plus from MSI along with the R5 3600X CPU

Solution
I found the issue. I made a big mistake! Seems that I mflashed to a beta bios file and since I was having issues, I flashed to the last bios file not understanding that a beta copy is a one way ticket! In short I ruined my mobo.
I ordered a new x570 so I should be good to the end of life of the am4 socket, pending a bios update to get a updated chip going , correct? The x570 is the last am4 socket mobo, correct ?

tomseurocat

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2014
Sorry , I should mention that the LED warning light that indicates there is no CPU detected is constantly light on my mobo as well. Normally I would clear the CMOS now, but that did work as stated above.

tomseurocat

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2014
I found the issue. I made a big mistake! Seems that I mflashed to a beta bios file and since I was having issues, I flashed to the last bios file not understanding that a beta copy is a one way ticket! In short I ruined my mobo.
I ordered a new x570 so I should be good to the end of life of the am4 socket, pending a bios update to get a updated chip going , correct? The x570 is the last am4 socket mobo, correct ?

Solution