Is my motherboard ok ?

Kayaz

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
My power supply broke, psu fan spinning intermittantly and the pc would make a long screech/beep when switched on.

The motherboard shows a double dash error, would this just be because the power supply is flacky or could it be that the motherboard is broke as well ?

Solution
From what I read on the interwebz about "Motherboard displays double dash", I am sad to inform you, they all eventually lead the a dead MOBO. Even after all the people in the google searches tried different PSU's and re seating stuff. It isn't an error code at all, its not in the manual, it's just a dead MOBO that can't display a code because it's dead.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Heironious

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
From what I read on the interwebz about "Motherboard displays double dash", I am sad to inform you, they all eventually lead the a dead MOBO. Even after all the people in the google searches tried different PSU's and re seating stuff. It isn't an error code at all, its not in the manual, it's just a dead MOBO that can't display a code because it's dead.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Solution

Kayaz

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
ok thanks for the answer i'm not too bothered about it. I built a new pc recently but was just wondering if the old motherboard was worth salvaging.