is my Motherboard or CPU the problem?

M4av

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017
i have just built a new pc but i cant seem to get it to boot. when i power up the fans all come on the drives spin but i get no power to my mouse or monitor have also tried monitor in on board and standalone card doesn't work with either. hopefully it is something simple im hoping its not the MB but realize that is the most likely problem. any suggestions on things to try to route out the issue and rectify it or at least confirm where the problem is? thanks in advance - build is as follows

Asus Maximus VIII Extreme Intel LGA1151 Socket Motherboard
Corsair CMD32GX4M2B3000C15 Dominator Platinum Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3000 MHz C15 XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory
Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2 GHz QuadCore 8MB Cache Processor
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080TI Founders Edition 11 GB GDDR5X 352 Bit Memory DP/HDMI PCI Express 3 Graphics Card
Thermaltake RGB Fan 240 mm Water Cooling System CPU Cooler with Radiator
Samsung 850 PRO 512 GB 2.5 inch SATA III Solid State Drive

M4av

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017
ok having had chance to go through the process of swapping things out its down to the obvious two MB or CPU when i take everything out but essentials i still get fans running everything cycles up but nothing on screen and no power to mouse. when i then take ram out i get beeps and having checked the beep codes it is telling me (obviously) there is no ram detected. when i remove the processor and try to boot the fans wont even spin and nothing happens so does this point to whats likely at fault? i have no other parts to try in place of the CPU or MB