Question Is my Motherboard ruined?

Jun 29, 2022
Got a new motherboard, and it's either arrived with broken Pins or i've done something really bad to it somehow. I didn't really do anything wrong but my experience is primarily with AMD boards that don't have Pins. I can try and get it RMA'd, i'd rather not because it'll take a while to get another one and i'm in need of a PC. (that's even if i get an RMA, they might say no tbh)

is it fixable? I hear some Sockets work even with bent pins but these seem.. especially bent.

View: https://imgur.com/a/wJhthBy

could i bend them back? i believe one or two are touching each other but its hard to tell.

bignastyid

Titan
If it came that way contact the store/seller to get it refunded or replaced.
Manufacture RMA is likely not going to go well, pin damage is usually considered user damage and not covered by warranty.
You could attempt to fix the pins by carefully bending them back. There are many video's on youtube showing the process. If you want to attempt this watch several of them(jayz2cents and Greg Salazar both have videos) before you attempt it because if a pin breaks then the board is definitely dead.

Jun 29, 2022
If it came that way contact the store/seller to get it refunded or replaced.
Manufacture RMA is likely not going to go well, pin damage is usually considered user damage and not covered by warranty.
You could attempt to fix the pins by carefully bending them back. There are many video's on youtube showing the process. If you want to attempt this watch several of them(jayz2cents and Greg Salazar both have videos) before you attempt it because if a pin breaks then the board is definitely dead.
Ok so i gave it a go at manually fixing it and managed to roughly get the few pins facing the same way, the only problem left is when i take the light away, where one of the pins is "fixed' it looks like a tiny empty black space. I think this may be because the pin has coiled or something? im not sure. since it only shows in focused light. How much of a problem would this be?

Unkess its because half the pins broken but this seems unlikely since it was like this before attempting a fix, and ill be damned if the pin broke off before hand.

Jun 29, 2022
If it is unbent enough as much you can do, and it still does not work, its busted.

Even a single bent or missing pin can prevent proper operation.
i havent tried just yet, if i put in my CPU and boot will the CPU be safe for a short time frame? ive read some horror stories about CPU shortages and <Mod Edit>