bobjackieson

Reputable
Dec 30, 2017
No, it's not being held for ransom.

Firstly I'm a pc building noob! Secondly I was checking my new mobo out to see it because I'm a moron as reasoned earlier. I'm waiting on parts because I can use it and I wanted to make sure everything with the thing looked fine because my posty isnt a ship in a bottle kind of guy. I put my hand under the board and my hand was alittle sweaty. I was on carpet naked without socks and I grounded myself with the copper piping on my heater.

My sweaty hand touched the bottom of my mobo because I had to hold it that way because I have poor hand eye coordination and motor skills. With it be safe fine? I used a torch to look for moisture on it didn't find much maybe a tiny bit but that's probably me panicking? Idk someone want to put my mind to rest or destroy my spirit? Feel free to drop your thoughts.

bobjackieson

Reputable
Dec 30, 2017
Best way to find out is to turn it on. But it's unlikely to cause damage. Modern motherboards have quite a bit of protection circuitry built in to avoid short circuit damage, and water is pretty harmless as long as it isn't powered. Der bauer (a famous overclocker) even washes his boards in the dishwasher
Heard about that! Sorry, confident working with other people's hardware jsut not my own! xD

I didn't damage anything! I was very careful with the board! I just wanted to double check!

TRENDING THREADS