[SOLVED] Is my motherboard toast?

Dec 30, 2018
Hello,
I am building an ITX build and I have hit a wall. For some reason, the build does not post or beep but all the fans do run. The USB ports do not work and no action appears on the monitor. I have breadboarded the motherboard, RAM and the CPU and it does not post either. The RGB lights that are on the motherboard do not light up anymore as well when the system is "running". However, I have a same generation ATX motherboard (Gigabyte GA-H270 Gaming 3) which I breadboarded with the same CPU, RAM, and PSU and it works, with a post beep and everything.

What is interesting is that the system completely booted and posted correctly yesterday but only after I set up the system in a different room instead of the basement is when the issues started. I installed the drivers before I brought it up.

Is there any way to save the motherboard? I do not want to have to go through Amazon's return services if I do not have to.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270N
CPU: i5 7600k
RAM: 16GB DDR4
PSU: Corsair CX 750M
AIO: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML120L RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
GPU: MSI GTX 1060 3GB

Solution
Unless you are missing a step or a connection between boards, which is probably a lot less likely since you're testing them on the bench, I'd have to say that yes, it's probably done. I'd definitely double check everything on the no POST checklist before throwing in the towel.

**Click here for help troubleshooting hardware and No-POST issues

And just in case you're missing a step on the bench test, maybe there's something here that might help catch that.

Unless you are missing a step or a connection between boards, which is probably a lot less likely since you're testing them on the bench, I'd have to say that yes, it's probably done. I'd definitely double check everything on the no POST checklist before throwing in the towel.

**Click here for help troubleshooting hardware and No-POST issues

And just in case you're missing a step on the bench test, maybe there's something here that might help catch that.

Solution