Question Is my motherboards capacitor bown?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2892359
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2892359

I would like to know if my capacitor is blown or its just the tape that has come off? I just noticed it and I havent had any problems.
Motherboard: Asus Rog strix z490-e gaming
Its the third one on the right going down:
n3u3ga6053q71.jpg
0y1z2eb153q71.jpg

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Don't see any residue or bulging, might just be the label.

Also a bank of capacitors, likely several in parallel, not going to be a huge problem to have one or two missing down there. Onboard sound might die sooner, but you can always get a discrete sound card to take care of that.

D

Deleted member 2892359

Also a bank of capacitors, likely several in parallel, not going to be a huge problem to have one or two missing down there. Onboard sound might die sooner, but you can always get a discrete sound card to take care of that.
Thank you for replying, I was really worried, but I then I had found a video of me building the computer and I went full investigator mode and saw that the label was popping out back then as well. So I think its all good.

D

Deleted member 2892359

I just reread what you wrote about onboard sound, you mean the HD Audio plugged in? because when I look at the picture it looks likes it being bashed in, but when I looked at it again its just the little bumps on the HD audio itself.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
No, you can install sound cards in a system. Not like they went away after they started getting integrated into motherboards.

If there were a problem, you could simply disable the onboard sound in the BIOS, install a new sound card. Assuming that a single bad capacitor wouldn't take out the system, particularly an audio filter cap.

D

Deleted member 2892359

No, you can install sound cards in a system. Not like they went away after they started getting integrated into motherboards.

If there were a problem, you could simply disable the onboard sound in the BIOS, install a new sound card. Assuming that a single bad capacitor wouldn't take out the system, particularly an audio filter cap.
I think the problem with the capacitor is that its just the label thats come off, because I checked recordings of me building the pc and I saw that when I took out the motherboard from its box, while the motherboard is still in its anti static bag, you could clearly see the label on the capacitor hanging off. So I think there is no issue, because ive been using my pc for two weeks with the capacitor being like that with no issues.