[SOLVED] Is my MSI-b350 Gaming Pro motherboard compatible with 3060/3060ti?

May 10, 2022
I looked up the supported GPU's from my motherboard's website and I can't seem to find the RTX 30 series in it. But when I search the compatible Motherboards for the GPU (From PCpartpicker ) my motherboard (MSI b350 gaming pro) is listed as one of the compatible one's for the 3060/3060ti. So I am confused as to what is real, I hope someone can confirm if my Motherboard can support the 3060/3060ti before I buy it soon.

May 10, 2022

Do you have any facts? I'm not thoroughly convinced by just a "Yup" answer. Sorry I'm not trying to be rude. Just making sure that everything is okidokey before I buy.
I was searching all day if anyone has the same setup as mine in youtube just to make sure that it will work, but alas no results :(

DSzymborski

Titan
Tennis said yup confidently because motherboard-GPU compatibility hasn't been an issue for an aftermarket motherboard made in nearly 15 years (when you'd occasionally run into UEFI vs. BIOS issues).

PCPartPicker doesn't filter motherboards based on GPU compatibility. They list 3723 motherboards right now. If you add a 3060 to the build and then click motherboards, they list 3723 motherboards. And it's the same the other way around; they list 5043 GPUs if you have no motherboard selected. If you select an MSI b350 Tomahawk and then search for GPUs, you get all 5043 GPUs.

That's not to say that all GPUs should be paired with all PCs, only that the motherboard is not the reason there would be a compatibility problem. For example, a large GPU might not fit properly in a compact case. Or you might have a junky PSU that should not be used with a 3060 GPU. But you didn't tell us any of this information, so it's hard to say.

Reactions: Darkuuu
May 10, 2022
Tennis said yup confidently because motherboard-GPU compatibility hasn't been an issue for an aftermarket motherboard made in nearly 15 years (when you'd occasionally run into UEFI vs. BIOS issues).

PCPartPicker doesn't filter motherboards based on GPU compatibility. They list 3723 motherboards right now. If you add a 3060 to the build and then click motherboards, they list 3723 motherboards. And it's the same the other way around; they list 5043 GPUs if you have no motherboard selected. If you select an MSI b350 Tomahawk and then search for GPUs, you get all 5043 GPUs.

That's not to say that all GPUs should be paired with all PCs, only that the motherboard is not the reason there would be a compatibility problem. For example, a large GPU might not fit properly in a compact case. Or you might have a junky PSU that should not be used with a 3060 GPU. But you didn't tell us any of this information, so it's hard to say.

Thank you for your input my friend.