Question Is my MSI MAG CoreLiquid C240 CPU Cooler meant to sound like this? it sounds like static noises

plutoaltim

Prominent
Apr 19, 2022
Please keep it to 1 thread
NOISE VIDEO It sounds like static noises is this normal for a cpu cooler or am I just sensitive?

my pc specifications are:
Graphics card
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 (inno3d model)

RAM
32 GB DDR4 (3600 MHz)

Processor
- Intel® Core™ i7-12700kf Processor

Storage
- SAMSUNG 980 PRO 1 TB SSD

CPU COOLER/AIO COOLER
MSI MAG CoreLiquid C240 CPU Cooler

Last edited:
Solution
is it normal when I uncap my fps in games such as fortnite, valorant and overwatch the cpu cooler becomes a jet engine/rocketship launching?
Fan speed is adjusted according to CPU temperature and when you uncap FPS it has to work harder so it heats up more, specially with marginal (for game) systems. You should look for upgrading cooler.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I didn't hear any static. Your hands shifting the camera around was the most audible source of sound.

It's not ideal to have the radiator up there, that's where the pump is in that model, and air will be present at the highest point in the loop.
7:25-9:45

There's also another possible issue. Many Apaltek-made coolers have issues with dirty coolant, gunking/clogging and failing earlier than they should because of it.
I suggest preparing a backup cooler if you don't have one now, and keeping this in mind.

plutoaltim

Prominent
Apr 19, 2022
how do i fix it then I dont think its normal too. I am gonna try clean my pc to get rid of the dust.

The fact that i also just got my pc 2 weeks ago it was a prebuilt

Last edited:

plutoaltim

Prominent
Apr 19, 2022
Fan speed is adjusted according to CPU temperature and when you uncap FPS it has to work harder so it heats up more, specially with marginal (for game) systems. You should look for upgrading cooler.
Hi, Thanks for replying what cpu cooler do you think is the best for a i7-12700kf cpu?

Hi, Thanks for replying what cpu cooler do you think is the best for a i7-12700kf cpu?
What are you cooling it with now ? You also have to take into account case cooling, specially with air coolers, a bit less with liquid coolers but still need good case cooling. As for "Best cooler" you also have to take into account what your case can accommodate.
Best to list all your parts.

plutoaltim

Prominent
Apr 19, 2022
Hi, there is it normal when i uncap my fps to unlimited my liquid cooler becomes a jet engine? I already now I should cap my fps to my monitors refresh rate but Im just saying is it normal when i uncap my fps to unlimited my liquid cooloer goes loud? SHOULD I GET A NEW LIQUID/AIO COOLER

Video (make sure to turn up volume to 100 percent so u can hear it)

Hi, there is it normal when i uncap my fps to unlimited my liquid cooler becomes a jet engine? I already now I should cap my fps to my monitors refresh rate but Im just saying is it normal when i uncap my fps to unlimited my liquid cooloer goes loud? SHOULD I GET A NEW LIQUID/AIO COOLER

Video (make sure to turn up volume to 100 percent so u can hear it)
What is your present cooler ?

Oct 8, 2022
NOISE VIDEO It sounds like static noises is this normal for a cpu cooler or am I just sensitive?

my pc specifications are:
Graphics card
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 (inno3d model)

RAM
32 GB DDR4 (3600 MHz)

Processor
- Intel® Core™ i7-12700kf Processor

Storage
- SAMSUNG 980 PRO 1 TB SSD

CPU COOLER/AIO COOLER
MSI MAG CoreLiquid C240 CPU Cooler
I have the exact same sound and haven't found the reason yet, however I found a some what of a solution, I lowered the pump rpm to around 80% and it went significantly quitter and I have not experienced much higher temps for now

plutoaltim

Prominent
Apr 19, 2022
I have the exact same sound and haven't found the reason yet, however I found a some what of a solution, I lowered the pump rpm to around 80% and it went significantly quitter and I have not experienced much higher temps for now
Oh Hi thanks for responding I will try and see what difference it makes.

Thanks!