Question Is my new GPU faulty ?

Jan 18, 2020
Hello

My pc has been having this problem for a while now. When ever i boot it up it works just fine but after 10-20min the screen goes black the sound starts looping and it restarts. The shut downs happen randomly sometimes right after i boot my pc up and other times they dont happen at all so i would leave my pc turned on as there was no way for me to fix it. The problem would happen randomly and i suspect that its the motherboard as just recently i had a GPU and PSU swap. But recently i switched my GPU from a GTX 960 to a RTX 2070 Super. So i decided to test my old GPU out and see if i would have the same problems. Turns out it was my 2070 super causing all my problems. Why is this happening should i return my new GPU ?

My spec:
I5 4460
Rtx 2070 super
700w psu cooler master
Gigabyte b85m d3h
16gb ram ddr3
120gb ssd

P.S: I uninstalled the drivers, and installed fresh new WHQL drivers from Nvidia. I thought that fixed my problem as I had no crashes. I restarted my PC 2 times and all was well, on the 3rd time i suffered the same crash and had to restart. On the 4th restart my pc crashed after 5 min of use (same problem).
And i reinstalled the windows.

Last edited: