Is my new LG 1080p IPS 24 inch monitor broke due ti it having a lot Back light Bleeding?

Ferrariassassin

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014
This is a new monitor i got and was wondering if i should trade it. It is only noticeable when the screen is %100 black and with every light off in the room and it looks like someone is shining a flashlight on my monitor on the bottom left. It is never noticeable while doing anything that does not involve a %100 black screen i was just wondering if this is bad or such, i am not that experienced with IPS monitors.

ukh_zps30bf0aae.png

Untitled_zps4f03f370.png

wd_zpsc823c390.png

Solution
Welcome to the joys of owning a 'far superior' monitor. Backlight bleeding is an issue, period. Even on $600 screens.

The fact that you can't notice it means that you got lucky; often it's very noticeable around the edges. No, there's no way that it hurts your monitor; it's not an issue - it's just there.
Welcome to the joys of owning a 'far superior' monitor. Backlight bleeding is an issue, period. Even on $600 screens.

The fact that you can't notice it means that you got lucky; often it's very noticeable around the edges. No, there's no way that it hurts your monitor; it's not an issue - it's just there.

Solution

chriscornell

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
Whatever panel, backlight bleeding will be a problem as long as the LEDs are not switched off where the screen is black (some monitors do this, but introduce input lag and other issues).

The panel is not broken.