Question Is my new PC gonna be able to handle the heat?

Dec 16, 2021
I recently purchased the Maingear Holiday Special VYBE which has the 3060 TI Founder's edition inside of it and the 5600x.
(https://maingear.com/product/vybe-rtx-3060-ti-holiday-special-2021/)

I thought that the CPU Cooler was pretty <Mod Edit> because it was the stock one that came with the 5600x so I chose to upgrade it. I purchased a Freezer 34 eSports cooler and I'm going to put some TM30 Corsair Thermal Paste alongside that. I live in Lincoln, Nebraska and temperatures can get up to 80-90 degrees sometimes in the summer time, do you think that these fans will be at a decent speed alongside temperatures will be fine without any overclocking, adjustments to the settings on games such as Microsoft Flight Simulator, Grand Theft Auto V, etc. etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 16, 2021
I recently purchased the Maingear Holiday Special VYBE which has the 3060 TI Founder's edition inside of it and the 5600x.

I thought that the CPU Cooler was pretty <Mod Edit> because it was the stock one that came with the 5600x so I chose to upgrade it. I purchased a Freezer 34 eSports cooler and I'm going to put some TM30 Corsair Thermal Paste alongside that. I live in Lincoln, Nebraska and temperatures can get up to 80-90 degrees sometimes in the summer time, do you think that these fans will be at a decent speed alongside temperatures will be fine without any overclocking, adjustments to the settings on games such as Microsoft Flight Simulator, Grand Theft Auto V, etc. etc?
And the reason that I purchased a pre-built was because my parents wanted me to buy something configured and already assembled with a good warranty. If you guys think the computer isn't good enough, I'd take all suggestions. My budget is around 1,000 - 1,700 before tax.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know that specific cooler, but its a single tower that uses a 120 mm fan.

I'd guess it would be OK if not heavily overclocking.

It may be noisy?

No substitute for experimenting.

A decent single tower of that size is fine for the majority of use cases.

Dec 16, 2021
I don't know that specific cooler, but its a single tower that uses a 120 mm fan.

I'd guess it would be OK if not heavily overclocking.

It may be noisy?

No substitute for experimenting.

A decent single tower of that size is fine for the majority of use cases.
Would it be better with temperatures if I choose to maybe upgrade the case fans later on to something else? Since I'm just getting into upgrading computers, I wanna take it one step at a time.

And the reason that I purchased a pre-built was because my parents wanted me to buy something configured and already assembled with a good warranty. If you guys think the computer isn't good enough, I'd take all suggestions. My budget is around 1,000 - 1,700 before tax.

I looked over the specs.

Looks like decent stuff. The Intel SSD is OK. Not sure about that EVGA power supply. It's powerful enough on its face.

You may not even need the Seagate drive?

If it was a gift and working OK, I'd probably ride with it unless you want to go to the trouble of returning it.

Anything you got to replace it could be a big headache. You never know.

USAFRet

Titan

Outside air temp is irrelevant.
Ambient temperature in the room is the key.

Would it be better with temperatures if I choose to maybe upgrade the case fans later on to something else? Since I'm just getting into upgrading computers, I wanna take it one step at a time.

You may as well decide how excited you are going to get about temps.

Does "better" mean lower temps?

Does "better" mean longer lasting?

Is "better" unrelated to expense, time spent, or convenience?

Does "better" mean satisfying your urge to fiddle with PCs?

Guys who game with laptops see temps in the 80s and higher regularly. You have a desktop, so you have a built in cooling advantage.