Question Is my older GPU creating issue's for my PC?

kayy__

Reputable
Jan 12, 2017
Hey there,

I recently bought a new PC and I am using an older GPU for a while. And so far I am facing these issues:

1. My motherboard's bios text overlap as I keep selecting more the more texts overlap and even when I manage to change and select boot choice 1 to my pen drive and when I save and exit it, The whole PC freezes there in the bios.

2. When I install Nvidia driver's the whole screen goes black and work only if go in safe mode and delete and uninstall display driver i.e Nvidia driver from device manager.

When I consulted with someone little experienced he says he's 70% sure it's because my GPU is older than other components of my pc.

My specifications :

PSU: Cooler Master MWE gold 750w, fully modular

Mobo: MSI b450 tomahawk max

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x

RAM: G-skill Ripjaws 8x2 DDR4 4000Mhz

GPU: Zotac Nvidia gtx 1050 mini 2gb DDR5

Storage: 1tb HDD, WD blue

kayy__

Reputable
Jan 12, 2017
Okay update!!!
Seems like my GPU is dead. It was because of this my bios was acting weird too. Works fine with any other GPU.

Your GPU isn't THAT old. Age has nothing to do with anything. Of course, that's not to say that it's not dying.

Have you tried a different driver version? Where are you downloading the drivers from?

kayy__

Reputable
Jan 12, 2017
Happens. The GTX1050 is pretty wimpy for gaming (if you use your PC for that). Now you've got the perfect reason to upgrade!!!

Not sure what country you're in, but Toms just posted about this Gigabyte RX580 8GB for $135 from Newegg.com's Ebay store. That's a killer deal.

Yea bud I've upgraded to MSI rx 580 8gb oc. But it seems I'm having a different issue with it too. I'll post a new thread for it.

Last edited: