Is my onboard audio dead?

JoeMadBro

Reputable
May 1, 2015
I was trying to better my cable management last night. When I finished and started up the pc, the speakers made a crackle, and when I logged in, there was no sound. I double checked the cables in the back to make sure everything was connected right and it was. I then tried the audio jacks on top of the case, and still no sound.

So I went into the hd audio manager, and there it told me no audio devices were plugged in. So I went to device manager and opened the properties for the realtek hd driver. The driver status box said the driver was working properly, so I went to the driver tab and looked for updates, and everything was up to date

I powered down the pc unplugged it, and looked inside to make sure all cables were connected. Then started again and nothing still. Except, at one point it did make the usb detected sound .. Maybe I was just imagining it, but I was pretty sure it did..

My motherboard is an asrock extreme6 lga 2011

Is there a way to tell for sure if the onboard audio is indeed dead, before I go out and get a sound card?

Thank you

TRENDING THREADS