[SOLVED] Is my onboard ethernet bad

beauknowsdiddly

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Hey Everyone,
I have an Asrock B250M mobo that I think the ethernet port is gone. I had a power outage and when it came back up I have no Internet. Correction, I have Internet just not hardwired. I can connect wirelessly no problem. All the lights are on on my modem. Lights are lit on the back of the modem on all the ethernet ports. No light on the mobo ethernet port. Is there a way to find out if the actual ethernet port on the board is bad, so I can decide to get a new board or not? I ordered a cheap $15.00 Ethernet card 10/100/100 mps that I will have tomorrow. Hopefully I can use that in the meantime.

Thanks
Beau

Solution
Hey Everyone,
I have an Asrock B250M mobo that I think the ethernet port is gone. I had a power outage and when it came back up I have no Internet. Correction, I have Internet just not hardwired. I can connect wirelessly no problem. All the lights are on on my modem. Lights are lit on the back of the modem on all the ethernet ports. No light on the mobo ethernet port. Is there a way to find out if the actual ethernet port on the board is bad, so I can decide to get a new board or not? I ordered a cheap $15.00 Ethernet card 10/100/100 mps that I will have tomorrow. Hopefully I can use that in the meantime.

Thanks
Beau
I replace a NIC about once a year at my house due to power surges from lightning strikes in the area. The...

RealBeast

Titan
Hey Everyone,

Thanks
Beau
I replace a NIC about once a year at my house due to power surges from lightning strikes in the area. The only thing damaged in my whole house including all computers are Ethernet adapters, as they are very sensitive.

Solution