Question Is my p6t deluxe/oc palm compatible with rx 580 8gb

SAMY4689

Commendable
Nov 19, 2020
I have Asus p6t deluxe/oc palm and im thinking to upgrade gpu so I decided to buy rx 580 8gb and im not sure are they competable, I have saw some stuff on internet but non of them say it is ot it isn't so do does anyone know??
Thank you

YES, it is compatible with that board. The board is having 3 PCI-E 16x (2.0 spec) slots for any GPU, though you would require a compatible PSU as well to power up the card.

Btw, that AMD card should work on this ASUS mobo, unless there is a BIOS incompatibility issue. Can you provide a direct link of ASUS motherboard's support page ?

EDIT:

Nvm, it appears that the last BIOS version of this motherboard is quite old. Dated 2010/11/09, Version 2209926.25 KB. But the GPU should be compatible as per rule, though I can't say this with 100% certainty.

Which power supply/PSU are you currently having ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tac 25

SAMY4689

Commendable
Nov 19, 2020
YES, it is compatible with that board. The board is having 3 PCI-E 16x (2.0 spec) slots for any GPU, though you would be needing a compatible PSU as well to power up the card.

Btw, that AMD card should work on this ASUS mobo, unless there is a BIOS incompatibility issue. Can you provide a direct link of ASUS motherboard's support page ?

EDIT:

Nvm, it appears that the last BIOS version of this motherboard is quite old. Dated 2010/11/09, Version 2209926.25 KB. So the GPU should be compatible as per rule, though I can't say this with 100% certainty.
YES, it is compatible with that board. The board is having 3 PCI-E 16x (2.0 spec) slots for any GPU, though you would require a compatible PSU as well to power up the card.

EDIT:

Nvm, it appears that the last BIOS version of this motherboard is quite old. Dated 2010/11/09, Version 2209926.25 KB. But the GPU should be compatible as per rule, though I can't say this with 100% certainty.
For the PSU i have 600w so I think I should be fine for that, but shoud I risk it and buy the GPU or?'

OK. But I wouldn't use that particular PSU model from SHARKOON brand. In fact Sharkoon brand PSUs are not that good when it comes to build quality and reliability, except for few models like Silentstorm Cool Zero and SFX GOLD series.

According to this database, your current PSU model is either Bronze certified, or there is no certification at all. The OEM is CWT though (channel well). It appears to be a lower tier PSU.

sharkoon - PSU Review Database (realhardtechx.com)

If you ask my personal opinion, then I usually don't recommend using Sharkoon branded power units, be it any model. I would rather go for some other HIGH quality PSU model from the likes of Corsair, BE Quiet, Seasonic, EVGA, Cooler Master just to name a few. But only the higher TIER models as outlined under this list.

Article - [psucultists] PSU tier list rev. 14.8 (Final Update Jul '21) | Tom's Hardware Forum (tomshardware.com)

Since PSU is the MOST important component, never skimp on this. For the RX 580 a higher quality PSU model is surely recommended, if you can afford one that is. But the main concern right now is whether the RX 580 GPU will work flawlessly on that motherbaord.

SAMY4689

Commendable
Nov 19, 2020
Im in high school so I don't have much money if I had I would buy a whole new pc, but, I saved some money to buy this GPU second hand, I know I have a old motherboard but I had seen some stuff on internet about newer GPU having something that makes them competable with older motherboards.
Now I don't know what to do?🤔