is my p8p67 faulty;

Menegroth1

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
hey everyone. i am having trouble with my p8p57 which is 2.5 years in age. within 2 months i've seen 3 different problems on my pc which as of today i am inclined to believe it is my mobo's fault. the prblems are the followings;
1- 2 months ago, after literally a reboot, sleep - hybernate mode stop functioning properly. the computer would go to that mode but at random time intervals it would boot itself up.
2- 10 days ago, after literally a reboot, my pci-e slotted sound card would not transmit any sound after a wake up from hybernation-sleep mode. however my logitech g35 would work properly. the only way to fix the problem would be to simply reboot the computer.
3- today, after literally a reboot, my shift and ctrl keys fused. i used a key tracker programm to see that when pressing left shift would press left ctrl as well. when pressing right, it would press left ctrl as well, when i pressed right ctrl it would press left shift and ctrl as well. which is why i am not using any capital letters in this... i simply cant. the shift keys register as ctrl.

today i did the following to recheck the problems;
1- tested the keyboard on every usb port on my pc. no fix
2- tested my keyboard on another computer. works perfectly.
3- i had formated my computer about 5 days ago and so i restored my pc's setting to that date. no solve on keyboard. as for the pc format, it didnt fix any of the '1' and '2' problems.
3- reformated the computer. no solve on anything
4- hard reset on my mobo. battery removal and jumper use. no solve on anything.

which is why i think that my mobo is having controller issues. now i am going to go try and downgrading the bios. if u have any opinion or tech insight on this, am all ears.

Menegroth1

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012
yes it is a USB headset!
and guess what!? I just figured out..... it mght have been the God damn keyboards fault ALL ALONG!!!!!!! (i am actually red faced in anger right now)

so what is propably happening, as i understand it, is that the cable bundles on the keyboard cord, at the point of entry from the USB cord to the keyboard, are touching.....
does that make any sense to you guys? do you understand what i am saying?

ddbtkd456

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
More specifically a set of two wires in the keyboard aren't touching. Yes this makes sense, I doubted it was your motherboard when you said your headset worked. I hope this helps at least a little bit. Please feel free to contact me about any other questions/concerns you may have in the future. Also please remember to pick your best solution so other people may learn from your thread. Thank you for your time, and have a good day.