Is my PC able to stream and game simultaneously and maintain reasonable FPS in both the game and the stream?

chrom

Honorable
Oct 14, 2017
My system:
Processor: AMD A8-5600K APU Radeon(tm)
RAM: 16.0 GB

Is there anything else that affects the quality of my stream?

Solution

chrom

Honorable
Oct 14, 2017

I have tried streaming. I've downloaded OBS studio and performed a few trial streams and set my stream to 30 FPS but it still seems to be choppy. So I used a website called twitch inspector https://inspector.twitch.tv/ as I was streaming and it showed my bitrate spiking where as my FPS did not. I think this is due to my APU. What is a good and reasonably priced APU for streaming or should I go with an CPU instead? Thanks

chrom

Honorable
Oct 14, 2017

The two games I am considering to stream are Dead by Daylight and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

What APU would you recommend to stream these games? Or would a CPU be Better?

Thanks

There isn't a good upgrade using your motherboard. Your looking at new CPU/motherboard/RAM and ideally gpu but the integrated graphics on a modern i5 might be enough for your needs.

Both those games will eat 100% of your cpu playing them alone streaming is impossible with your current rig and you are on a dead platform that is quite old and has no good upgrades for you. Best thing you can do is a complete rebuild with at least a new 6 core i5 or 6 core ryzen r5.

chrom

Honorable
Oct 14, 2017

I appreciate the fast replies but whats wrong with my RAM? I thought 16.0 GB was more than enough. How much Ram would you suggest I need then?

Cheers again

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

There's likely nothing *wrong* with the RAM (not a lot of details given, so it could be ridiculously slow), but it's DDR3 RAM which has been phased out of new platforms in recent years.

Essentially, to stream effectively, you'll either have to invest in what will essentially be a new rig (CPU, motherboard, RAM, discrete GPU, probably power supply) or stream games that have very light requirements.

Solution

chrom

Honorable
Oct 14, 2017

Will an intel core i5 suffice or should I just spend the extra and go with a intel core i7 for the CPU?

What GPU and Motherboard would you suggest to go with this?

Thanks

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Would need your budget for these questions. Also info on power supply so we know if it's worth re-using.