Question Is my PC able to support the Rift s, or should I get the Oculus quest?

bacwrds

Honorable
Nov 7, 2017
My specs-
Ryzen 1300x
GTX 1060 (3gb)
16gb 2666 ram

I ran the steam vr test and it said my PC was more than capable to run vr, but I dont believe that for a second.
I would prefer to have the Rift s because graphics matter to me, but I understand that if my PC cant handle it then ill just go for the quest.

Im okay with turning down some settings if I can play vr on my system, because I have a handful of games that are vr in my steam library already,
plus im pretty sure my PC is more equipped to run vr as the specs are higher than the Oculus Quest.

computerjoe314

Respectable
Jan 2, 2019
My specs-
Ryzen 1300x
GTX 1060 (3gb)
16gb 2666 ram

I ran the steam vr test and it said my PC was more than capable to run vr, but I dont believe that for a second.
I would prefer to have the Rift s because graphics matter to me, but I understand that if my PC cant handle it then ill just go for the quest.

Im okay with turning down some settings if I can play vr on my system, because I have a handful of games that are vr in my steam library already,
plus im pretty sure my PC is more equipped to run vr as the specs are higher than the Oculus Quest.
It would probably be fine, But I don't know too much about it.
I think Linus Tech Tips did a video with something similar to what you have...

SPECOPS70

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
You will be fine. It will run Oculus Rift. I own several rifts here at home.

Mine runs on my Ryzen 2600x-RTX 2060 gaming rig.
Son 1 runs his on a Ryzen 2600-GTX 1060 6gb gaming rig.
Son 2 runs his on an FX 6300-RX 560 old gaming rig.

Of course the FX system struggles at times with graphics and single core performance. But it is playable.

You mentioned graphics are important to you. I would recommend a better cpu (ryzen 2600 or 1600x and a better gpu) at least a gtx 1060 6gb or 1660ti. That is if you are wanting an awesome graphic experience in the VR world. I and my boys love the Rift. I would highly recommend it! good luck.