Is my PC bottle necking??

kfarris

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
Windows 10 64bit pro
FX-8350
Asus 970 pro gaming/arura mobo
evga gtx 1070 sc the one with free mass effect game at BestBuy
2x8g sticks of patriot ram running at 2133 (increased from 1866 seemed to help)
Samsung 840 Evo SSD
3tb red drive
1tb black wd drive
1920x1080p monitor 24inch 60hz using HDMI
cooler master haf xb case
850-watt modular power supply

I tried switching to Windows 7 Ult 64bit on a Intel 240 SSD and i still experience basically lag in games. And no it's not my internet or the game I promise it is definitely something bottlenecking on this PC but I just cannot figure it out... I EXPERIENCE this Lag in offline single player games even like Left 4 DEAD...... FPS is good but it's like I lose response from my PC for 1 to 3 sec. and then the screen continues displaying normally and my mouse/keyboard work. Strangely though the audio continues to run smoothly with no hiccup entire time....

I've tried re-installing os, switching os's to Windows 7 to 10 to no avail. I tried upping the ram speed from 1866 to 2133 and that definitely helped. The CPU is at 4.01 Ghz temps are fine. the fans never come on on the GPU so i am assuming I'm not even close to using its potential.

This all started after i upgraded from my Evga gtx 960 sc...
1. Do I not have enough power?
2. Is the PCI slot too slow to keep up with the 1070 sc throughput??
3. Is the ram speed insufficient for the SSD speeds?? OR does the RAM also affect the PCI slot for GPU throughput capabilities?
4. Is the CPU too dam slow to keep up now??? (I ran a Steam VR benchmark it said 1 frame bottlenecked from CPU?)

AHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I"M GOING INSANE HELP MEE>>......eh :/

toshibitsu

Distinguished
We would still need your temps/load... but on a wild guess I'd say CPU. Considering that anything AM3+ is at least 4 - 5 years old now. Most of them are below the minimum system requirements on current AAA titles.

Granted, you are playing Left 4 Dead... suspect something is still going on CPU related.