Question Is my PC bottlenecking?

jaytwonine02

Commendable
Apr 2, 2018
So i recently upgraded my gpu from a gtx 970 to a gtx 1070. Before my pc felt smooth in game and ran everything at reasonable fps, but I capped my games 60hz because thats my monitors refresh rate. Since I changed the gpu to a 1070 my system has actually felt slower. I don't know if this can affect it or if it could be the drivers, but the internet connection has been a lot slower right after I changed the gpu. Are my cpu and gpu bottlenecking? I ran the overlay for msi afterburner and my gpu was running at about 50% and my cpu at around 70%. I plan on upgrading my pc in the near future, but for now what may be the problem? Is my monitor maybe holding my setup back. Also when I play fortnite at unlimited fps it feels slow and so I capped it at 60 and it fixed it for like a second and then began to feel slow, almost like input lag ...? what could it be
PC Specs:

GPU: Evga gtx 1070 SC (Blackout edition)
CPU: intel i7 6700 (hyper 212 evo cooler)
MoBo: MSI Z170a sli plus
RAM: Patriot Viper 8gb 2666mhz
SSD: Seagate 120 500gb
PSU: Evga 700w 80+ bronze
Case: nzxt h500i

Did you just put in the gpu and play, or did you update the drivers? Try using DDU and reinstall the latest driver. It may help, even going nvidia to nvidia.

You have a solid cpu/gpu combo, no bottleneck there. Having only 8gb of ram certainly isnt helping though.

I also dont understand how internet speed would slow down after a gpu change. That should have zero affect on internet.

You said you're running the afterburner overlay, so what are the gpu temps like?

jaytwonine02

Commendable
Apr 2, 2018
So i recently upgraded my gpu from a gtx 970 to a gtx 1070. Before my pc felt smooth in game and ran everything at reasonable fps, but I capped my games 60hz because thats my monitors refresh rate. Since I changed the gpu to a 1070 my system has actually felt slower. I don't know if this can affect it or if it could be the drivers, but the internet connection has been a lot slower right after I changed the gpu. Are my cpu and gpu bottlenecking? I ran the overlay for msi afterburner and my gpu was running at about 50% and my cpu at around 70%. I plan on upgrading my pc in the near future, but for now what may be the problem? Is my monitor maybe holding my setup back. Also when I play fortnite at unlimited fps it feels slow and so I capped it at 60 and it fixed it for like a second and then began to feel slow, almost like input lag ...? what could it be
PC Specs:

GPU: Evga gtx 1070 SC (Blackout edition)
CPU: intel i7 6700 (hyper 212 evo cooler)
MoBo: MSI Z170a sli plus
RAM: Patriot Viper 8gb 2666mhz
SSD: Seagate 120 500gb
PSU: Evga 700w 80+ bronze
Case: nzxt h500i
I just played a game of Apex legends and the game ran super smooth. My gpu was bouncing from 80-95% usage while the cpu was around the same sometimes going around 60-70% usage, but I think its because apex is more of a gpu based game? Should I turn Directx12 on in fortnite since I have a gtx 1070 or does that not matter, by the way my fortnite settings are all on low.