Is My PC Build Incompatible or Broken?

Oct 4, 2018
Hi,

I am having some confusing issues with my newly built PC. It won't boot up, even though all the parts are compatible (or so says pcpartpicker.com). When I turn it on, everything lights up, the fans all spin, everything looks as it should. A few seconds after turning on, the PC gives off one beep sound, and the lights flash off for a split second before turning right back on. After all of this happens, the PC idles on but no boot-up happens.

The specs are:
AMD A6-9500 (I have a Ryzen 3 to install after I update the motherboard.)
Gigabyte Aorus Radeon RX 580
Seasonic G-Series 650w power supply 80-plus Gold
Gigabyte GA-AB350M Gaming 3 motherboard (manufacturer refurbished)
SK Hynix 2x8gb 2133 mHz RAM
WD 500gb SSD

Is anything suspicious about the specs or the behavior of the PC?

Thanks

Solution
When a new system is built and it does not boot, there can be a million things why. But since it is trying to boot and lights are coming on, that is a common sign of a RAM issue. Coupled with the fact that the chipset you have does have some issues with RAM compatibility, makes it even more likely.

Like vapour said, try running one stick of RAM at a time in each DIMM and see if it will boot. I built a Ryzen system that I could not get to boot and running one stick worked. Then I powered down and added the other sticks and it booted like a charm. RAM is finicky.
Oct 4, 2018

Besides the RAM being broken or incompatible, could there be any other easily identifiable problem?

When a new system is built and it does not boot, there can be a million things why. But since it is trying to boot and lights are coming on, that is a common sign of a RAM issue. Coupled with the fact that the chipset you have does have some issues with RAM compatibility, makes it even more likely.

Like vapour said, try running one stick of RAM at a time in each DIMM and see if it will boot. I built a Ryzen system that I could not get to boot and running one stick worked. Then I powered down and added the other sticks and it booted like a charm. RAM is finicky.

Solution