Question Is my PC dying?

Apr 7, 2019
Hello, basically I think my PC is dying or i have done something without knowing.

So, I bought a pc from someone i know about 4-5 years ago as I wanted to get into PC gaming more. It eventually got to the point where newer games would come out and my PC would not match even the minimum recommendations anymore so i decided to upgrade my gpu. After realising there was a bit of a bottleneck between the cpu and gpu i decided to upgrade my cpu and see if anything would improve but little did i know this was the beginning of the end...
Now I am here experiencing crashes in many games such as fortnite, pubg, apex etc, and what is even worse is that I now experience black, brown and green screens on my monitor for normally about one second or so, and random patterns of millions of multicolored pixels if i move a window or even my mouse!
I hope you can understand what is going on and help me as much as you can.
Thanks in advance.

Old Specs:
Pentium g3220
Gtx 560
10gb ram
msi h81m p33
win power atx p500 psu
1tb hdd
128gb ssd

Last edited:
why only give the old specs not the new specs???

anyways what it sounds like you are seeing GPU artifacts, generally means your GPU is dying. Did you ever look at the temperatures of your GPU/CPU?

If you still have your old GPU you should try using it and see if you get artifacts (all the lines and colors).

It wouldn't be a bad idea to buy a new power supply, thats a pretty low quality one, and its now somewhat old.

Apr 7, 2019
why only give the old specs not the new specs???

anyways what it sounds like you are seeing GPU artifacts, generally means your GPU is dying. Did you ever look at the temperatures of your GPU/CPU?

If you still have your old GPU you should try using it and see if you get artifacts (all the lines and colors).

It wouldn't be a bad idea to buy a new power supply, thats a pretty low quality one, and its now somewhat old.
Hey man, I upgraded to aGTX 970 and an i5 4590, i always thought it could be the psu so ill check that out, thanks