Mar 29, 2020
Cpu: a10 amd apu
Gpu: nvidia 720 2gb ddr3 & 620 2gb ddr3
Ram: 32gb g.skill DDR3 (4x8gb) with cooling fan
Motherboard: MSI a88x gaming 45
Psu: evga 1300 watt g2
Case: thermaltake versa n22
Additional: soundcard, sd card reader/writer, cd/dvd burner, blueray drive

if I left anything out plz let me know thanks in advance. Ive been told the entire PC is hot trash excluding the PSU

Solution

if I left anything out plz let me know thanks in advance. Ive been told the entire PC is hot trash excluding the PSU

It's a dead-end platform for CPU upgrades, video card is not better than the onboard video, yet a ton of RAM and a power supply suited in a high end overclocking system. A very very odd build. It's like someone took a cheap car then installed 20" wheels and had someone put leather on the seats.

Going by how much you paid for it, you did not really get...

It's a dead-end platform for CPU upgrades, video card is not better than the onboard video, yet a ton of RAM and a power supply suited in a high end overclocking system. A very very odd build. It's like someone took a cheap car then installed 20" wheels and had someone put leather on the seats.

Going by how much you paid for it, you did not really get a dud, the PSU, RAM and case are worth about what you paid for the system. Just that 1300 watt SuperNOVA power supply is $250 new. Question is, does it have all the cables that it came with? A lot of times people sell used systems but they don't include the cables for modular power supplies, so when the new owner tries to install a video card, no cable for it.

All you need to do is find someone selling a 4th - 6th gen Intel i5 CPU and motherboard that uses DDR3, a video card and you are all set.

If you really want to try to get away cheap to get an OKish system, you can just buy a card like a 1050Ti or so and see how it runs. CPU is a bit bad for gaming but not horrible.

Last edited:
Solution