Question Is my PC good for gaming?

Jul 20, 2019
I’ve been saving up for some time and I bought a gaming PC. Ive only been playing fortnite since it’s a free game and it can run it at all epic settings 60 FPS. Is it a good PC overall however? Here are my specs:
GTX 1050 2gb
Intel core i5 8400
2tb HDD
16gb RAM

Jul 20, 2019
Its decent, the CPU & memory (if 2x8gb) are very good but the GPU will only give you Low settings on newer AAA games @1080P.

For upgrades I'd consider getting a better GPU which may require you replacing the PSU and at least a 240gb SSD.
So, what FPS do you reckon I would get at medium settings?

Jul 20, 2019
It's hard to say, some games are CPU heavy while others are GPU heavy but for newer games your probably looking at Low settings to keep FPS around 60.
Alright. I am in a confusing spot however. At the website where I bought the PC it said it had a GTX 1050. Then in specifications there is a section where it says what comes in the box. It says GTX 1060. Then in comments it says “comments for (product name) Gtx 1060”. I will open up my PC to find out but if it turns out to be a Gtx 1060, would the PC Be able to run new titles at higher settings?

WildCard999

Titan
Alright. I am in a confusing spot however. At the website where I bought the PC it said it had a GTX 1050. Then in specifications there is a section where it says what comes in the box. It says GTX 1060. Then in comments it says “comments for (product name) Gtx 1060”. I will open up my PC to find out but if it turns out to be a Gtx 1060, would the PC Be able to run new titles at higher settings?
Definently, the 1060 is much better.

Go into Device Manager > Display Adapter > let me know what is says.

Another way is GPU-Z.
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-gpu-z/

Either 1060 3gb or 1060 6gb would be much better then that 1050 but even better if it's the 6gb version as not only does it have more vram then the 3gb version but more CUDA cores which ends up being better performance.

WildCard999

Titan
I am not home at the moment so I cannot tell you right now. Thanks for your help though!
No problem, when you do find out what it is you may want to update the drivers for it. Get the newest ones from Nvidia.
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

During installation check the box to perform a clean install. This will remove old drivers then do a fresh install of the newest drivers. This is good to do as newer drivers could improve performance.

Reactions: speetz1213