[SOLVED] Is my pc good for gaming!?

Jan 26, 2020
Intel Quad Core i5
8GB Memory Card
1TB Hard Drive
Windows 10
Nivada GT710 2GB

This is the link to where I bought my pc. Also I'm very new to pc's and don't really have a clue what to. And my pc is a bit noisy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Absolutely not. This is essentially a basic office PC from 2011. It wouldn't even run 2011 games well.

And there are some outright lies in there; a GT 710 is absolutely not a gaming GPU by any stretch of the imagination, it's a basic GPU used in office machines.

DSzymborski

Titan
Absolutely not. This is essentially a basic office PC from 2011. It wouldn't even run 2011 games well.

And there are some outright lies in there; a GT 710 is absolutely not a gaming GPU by any stretch of the imagination, it's a basic GPU used in office machines.

Solution
The GT710 is not a gaming graphics card. It is very weak and will struggle to run most games. You could replace the GT710 with something a little more powerful, even a GT1030 would give you considerably more gaming power.

If your PC is noisy, the first thing to suspect is the stock Intel CPU fan/heatsink. Those are all noisy and the only real fix is to replace it with a bigger, more quiet CPU cooler.

greigm78

Reputable
Sep 28, 2018
I genuinely hope you didn'y pay much for that, sellers like that need to be banned IMO.

Not even close to being a gaming GPU, also not a Turing architecture as stated but 2013's Kelper arch. Downright lies.

DSzymborski

Titan
If you're still within your return window, I'd urge you to seek a refund. Over $100, you got ripped off.

Generally speaking, asking if something is good is more useful before a purchase! If feedback can't change the build, then we can't do much other than praise or send condolences.