[SOLVED] Is my PC good in 2020 ?

Jun 21, 2020
These are my PC specs :

MB: Asus Prime A320M-K 2DDR4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1400
MEM: 8 GB DDR4 2133MHz
GPU: GeForce GTX PH-1050-2G GDDR5 128 Bit
CASE: Middletower 500W

What should I replace or is there something I could add ?

I'm mostly looking to change the GPU with something that won't cause bottlenecking and would fit with these specs.

Solution
Don't worry about a new component causing "bottlenecking" - no harm will come of that. The term is basically meaningless the way most people use it. And, ignore all bottleneck calculators. They are complete trash.

I concur with other posters: if you have a single 8GB stick of RAM, getting an identical stick would allow you to run in dual-channel. Also, ideally, you'd want faster RAM - if you can get a 2x8 GB kit, at, say 2933MHz RAM speed, and sell off your existing single stick, that would be worth considering.

I also agree that if you have a regular hard drive, going to an SSD will make boot up, logging in, application start up, etc., so much faster.

And finally - yeah, before you do anything as...
Are you looking for more FPS, better game settings, higher resolution or something else? What’s the budget? What games do you play?

I believe that’s a very low quality psu, so first thing to upgrade is the psu to a good quality unit. Then depending on your answers to the above I can make suggestions.

Reactions: King_V
Jun 21, 2020
Are you looking for more FPS, better game settings, higher resolution or something else? What’s the budget? What games do you play?

I believe that’s a very low quality psu, so first thing to upgrade is the psu to a good quality unit. Then depending on your answers to the above I can make suggestions.
I'm mostly looking for more fps and the budget is in the range of $100, I play almost every type of game mostly shooters like Apex, Warzone.

Nyayr

Commendable
Jun 22, 2020
I myself would go double your ram from 8>16 can be done from 50 euros (55$) as 16gb makes a big difference in my experience. Makes your windows make less of virtual memory. Even so for example Chrome can easily reach the 8gb barrier nowadays, sadly...

If you have 1x8gb already is smart to buy the same mem (brand/type) for compatibility

Jun 21, 2020
I myself would go double your ram from 8>16 can be done from 50 euros (55$) as 16gb makes a big difference in my experience. Makes your windows make less of virtual memory. Even so for example Chrome can easily reach the 8gb barrier nowadays, sadly...

If you have 1x8gb already is smart to buy the same mem (brand/type) for compatibility
Thanks for the tip, is there anything else I could change.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Don't worry about a new component causing "bottlenecking" - no harm will come of that. The term is basically meaningless the way most people use it. And, ignore all bottleneck calculators. They are complete trash.

I concur with other posters: if you have a single 8GB stick of RAM, getting an identical stick would allow you to run in dual-channel. Also, ideally, you'd want faster RAM - if you can get a 2x8 GB kit, at, say 2933MHz RAM speed, and sell off your existing single stick, that would be worth considering.

I also agree that if you have a regular hard drive, going to an SSD will make boot up, logging in, application start up, etc., so much faster.

And finally - yeah, before you do anything as power-demanding as, say, a GPU upgrade, GET A BETTER POWER SUPPLY. The first two links in my sig offer guidance as to what is good vs what is untrustworthy vs what is a dumpster-fire waiting to happen. It's not about the wattage rating, it's about the quality of the components inside the PSU.

Solution