Is my PC high-end or Mid-Range?

Is this a high end or mid range gaming PC? I know I know I need an SSD but soon.

Intel Core i5 4670k 3.4Ghz,

Corsair H100i with SP120 high performance fans

Sapphire Toxic R9 280x 3GB 384bit OC edition,

G.Skill Ripjaw 2x4 1600mhz 8GB RAM,

MSI Z87 G65 gaming motherboard,

XFX 750 80+Gold Fully Modular PSU,

Seagate Barracuda

1TB HDD
'

all in a Corsair Air 540

So?

Solution
Definitly high no question about it, and no an SSD does not define your real time performance. Only when using the Adobe programs like photoshop and After Effects. Having a scratchdisk as SSD does have a tremendous impact.

SSD's are still for 99% users merely comfort, even when you would install a game on SSD, it makes next to no diffrence.

DragonChase

Honorable
May 22, 2013
Definitly high no question about it, and no an SSD does not define your real time performance. Only when using the Adobe programs like photoshop and After Effects. Having a scratchdisk as SSD does have a tremendous impact.

SSD's are still for 99% users merely comfort, even when you would install a game on SSD, it makes next to no diffrence.

Solution

barto

Expert
Ambassador
High end PC. The 280x will pretty much destroy every game on the market. You have a really good parts. But you are blasphemous for having a H100 and not overclocking. Dragon is correct, SSDs do not improve gaming performance. They only help with loading times. However, I would highly suggest you get one. There's nothing quite like fasts boots and fast loads in everything. I'm putting one in my grandparents computer just because I can. .

DragonChase

Honorable
May 22, 2013

offtopic: Are you sure you want to do that lol? most people still dont understand the 2 diffrent partitions. hey at your own risk, they will call you why the SSD is full and having a loaded desktop. Started doing the same thing, got a bunch of calls went nuts haha.

Guys, I am going to buy an ssd but not just now. AND Barto, I JUST built this PC 6 days ago so I will OC in a few weeks. Just making sure parts are stable. I havent had this for months. Its less than a week old but I bought the parts in novemeber MEANING I PAID 360 for the BEST 280X out there :D lucky me.

barto

Expert
Ambassador

Lol. I already get the calls in the first place when something is broken. Their current computer: Windows XP; Less than 1 GB of RAM; a 30 GB HDD, and some really old under powered Intel CPU (pentium or celeron). I'm going to give them my old rig that has a Q9550 and a 460 GTX that runs W7 64 bit. I'm going to put a 120GB SSD in it considering they've only used 20 GB of their 30 GB HDD. They'll be fine.

KalTorak

Honorable
May 25, 2012

On topic, yours is a high end, you are 1 or 2 off top spec in the CPU and Gfx department, so you cant get much better!

Off topic, I have both grandparents (both 80+) with dual partitions, it makes them more confident when you tell them if they break windows that they wont lose all their documents. Both are on Win7 and have all auto saves directed to the D: drive.

Took them a bit of time, but well worth it now I can just restore from backup when they, inevitably, break something.