Is my PC Medium-End or High-End?

Jul 5, 2020
So i was wondering if my pc is high end because of those video game configs that usually come in folders: low-end, mid-end and high-end.
SPECS:
RX 5600 XT
I5 9600K
32GB HYPERX FURY DDR4
B360M-A
SAMSUNG 860 PRO 512GB and 860 EVO 512GB
CHIEFTEC GPE-700S

Oh and i would like some recommendations for future upgrades. Thanks.

kanewolf

Titan
So i was wondering if my pc is high end because of those video game configs that usually come in folders: low-end, mid-end and high-end.
SPECS:
RX 5600 XT
I5 9600K
32GB HYPERX FURY DDR4
B360M-A
SAMSUNG 860 PRO 512GB and 860 EVO 512GB
CHIEFTEC GPE-700S

Oh and i would like some recommendations for future upgrades. Thanks.
Mixture. 32GB RAM would be high end. A B series motherboard with a K CPU would be mid level.
Many Chieftec power supplies are garbage. You have a mixed bag at best.

It’s a good mid range system. It’s a shame about the motherboard as it stops you overclocking the 9600k. What you choose to upgrade will depend on what you want. Do you want higher FPS, better game settings/higher resolution or something else.

Jul 5, 2020
It’s a good mid range system. It’s a shame about the motherboard as it stops you overclocking the 9600k. What you choose to upgrade will depend on what you want. Do you want higher FPS, better game settings/higher resolution or something else.
I game on 1080p@144hz, so better game settings on 1080p while maintaining decent FPS. I was thinking about getting a Z390, im assuming that its a good choice?

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
IMO

Your drives are too decent to even considering upgrading, aside from space which you could do cheaply with a platter or 2.5/SSD.

I feel like your GPU to CPU balance is really good. More on that in a second...and certainly enough RAM.

Your PSU is questionable but I would not choose this moment to upgrade it. Prices are wonky on good ones right now.

So, as to the motherboard. You could upgrade to a chipset to allow OC. Based on your cooling solution and games played this may or may not be a great idea. Some games really advantage from higher clocks. Some from higher threads. However...even when you spend the money on that mobo and whether it does or does not achieve what you are looking for in performance for a bit, your NEXT upgrade path along that make and manufacturer sells for $300 +.....
If it were my money to spend and based on the system you currently have I would completely leave it alone, save the money for the PSU, mobo, and upgrade path to an i7 for the next thing down the road in a couple of years.

I game on 1080p@144hz, so better game settings on 1080p while maintaining decent FPS. I was thinking about getting a Z390, im assuming that its a good choice?
Buying another motherboard just to get overclocking features is not worth it in my opinion. I’d wait until you are needing a cpu/motherboard upgrade.

For now I think your best option would be a psu and gpu upgrade.

Latest posts