Is my PC not powerful enough to run 128X and above Minecraft Textures?

Ferrariassassin

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014
I have an R9 290 with an i5-4690 and 16GB of RAM as of now. i have freshly installed minecraft and deleted it over 20 times trying this and (WITH NO MODS) and if i use ANY texture above 64X it crashes 100% of the time no matter what. I have well over 2GB of ram allocated to it i tried 4GB, 6GB, and 8GB yet it does not help. DO i need to SLI 4 GTX Titan X's to run this bull crap or something???? I mean i have no idea why i can not run anything. I have no idea how some people can even handle the 512X one i mean Jesus! How do i fix this???

lakimens

Honorable
I am also wondering why Minecraft lags on high end PCs.
I have heard of a tool called Optifine which boosts your Minecraft FPS(?), haven't really tested it, but it's worth a try.
How powerful is your PSU?Underpowered could be the problem, your CPU and GPU alone use 330W, your PC is probably using over 400W.

Ferrariassassin

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014

My GPU is OC to 1250MHz core and 1450Mz memory and when all my CPU components are under full load it only uses 390-410 watts so my XFX/Seasonic 550W PSU is more than enough. I mean if i had a Corsair or Any other brand it could cause problems but XFX/Seasonic is the best of the best so i should be good in that line. I mean i get over 500FPS on minecraft and when i use Shadermods i still get a great 60FPS but the second i put a texture pack on past 128X it crashes and wanna hear something funny? When it crashes it changes my desktop back ground ro a solid random color every time from black, blue, white, and such so i need to change my background everytime it crashes wtf ! LOL

PS SOrry for the retard typing im on my old Galaxy S3 and they screen is broken and glitching when i type.