Aug 13, 2019
Hello folks, I was enjoying the Fortnite live event that occurred on the 15th this month and it has some pretty insane visuals. After a few minutes my PC started making a weird grinding noise and the fans had some sort of suppressed sound. My temps on idle are pretty solid but I don't know if its normal for them to be this high while gaming. I'll post 2 pictures from my PC temps while idle and during gaming.
I have a power supply that came along my PC case and looks pretty sketchy even though it says that it's 700W (which i really doubt). Could the intense visuals from the game crash my PC due to my power supply being weak and not providing enough power? (I will be changing it soon)
Should i buy the Cooler Master 500W Master Watt lite 80 plus and will it be compatible with my motherboard?
Finally, are the temps shown in the picture good while gaming?
Thank you, any feedback is very appreciated!

LYkj5mv.png
Gaming
tjGshAY.png
Idle

Solution
Clean the psu ur temps looks fine i believe u have stock cooler ppl tend to forget than while gaming the gpu increase the heat in the case so temps are higher the more u play if ur exhausts fans cant keep up. Well its a good idea to buy a new power supply if u have ur suspicions that the one u use now is faulty but dont cheap out mate at the psu its the heart of the pc it give power to everything. Also atm psu prices went up so u can check if the one u have atm works properly u can game for 1-2 hours let it cool off clean it and when prices come to normal u buy a new one.

AngelJin

Commendable
Jun 19, 2020
Clean the psu ur temps looks fine i believe u have stock cooler ppl tend to forget than while gaming the gpu increase the heat in the case so temps are higher the more u play if ur exhausts fans cant keep up. Well its a good idea to buy a new power supply if u have ur suspicions that the one u use now is faulty but dont cheap out mate at the psu its the heart of the pc it give power to everything. Also atm psu prices went up so u can check if the one u have atm works properly u can game for 1-2 hours let it cool off clean it and when prices come to normal u buy a new one.

Solution