[SOLVED] Is my pc ready for Big Navi 2?

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
Hello guys, i was thinking about buying the new RX 6900 XT, but i don't know if there would be any kind of bottlenecks on my pc. Also, is it worth buying it (after 2-5 months it's release) when AMD announced they're working on a new architecture?

Also, i will be upgrading my CPU to a new Ryzen 7 5800X (if my budget allows it i'll go for the 5950X). But that's going to happen by the end of next year or even more later if my CPU is enough for a long time.

Would my PSU be enough for the gpu itself?

The games i would play would be games like Anno 1800, Red Dead Redemption 2, Cyberpunk 2077, Dying Light 2, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, The Witcher, League of legends, etc.
The target resolution would be 1440p up to 5120 x 2880 (With this AMD's super scaling or i don't know what it's called) at 165Hz. Everything on ultra settings. I don't expect to get 165Hz on all games so i'll be happy with 50-60+ FPS, but i expect it to be able to run everything on ultra settings (Ray Tracing too if it doesn't affect too much it's performance).

If the GPU is too overkill for just 1440p i will still go for it, because it should last for quite long time.

Thank you guys in advance.

Edit: I said AMD announced they're working on a new architecture, i said that because i saw on the videos of big navi comparisons that there was a third option which wasn't Big Navi or Big Navi 2, so i assumed they're working on something else.
Edit: PC Specs:
  • Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Gaming B550-F
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X (3.8GHz @ 1.235V)
  • CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
  • RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 2x16 3200mhz
  • Case: Corsair 465X
  • PSU: Corsair RM750 80+ Gold
  • GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6
  • Monitor: Asus TUF Gaming VG27WQ 27" LED Wide QuadHD 165Hz HDR FreeSync Premium Curved
  • SSD M.2: PNY CS2130 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4
  • SSD: Samsung 860 QVO SSD 1TB SATA 3 V-NAND QLC
  • HDD 1 & 2: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
  • Keyboard: Corsair K68 RGB
  • Mouse: Corsair M65 Elite RGB
  • MousePad: Razer Goliathus Extended Chroma

Last edited:
Solution
So i should be good to go with my current rig, right? Regardless of not all games running at 165 FPS (which is not a problem at all, as long as they run fine at ultra). Even with the PSU being enough?
You should be okay. PSU requirements could be a concern. We'll know more when these GPUs start showing up.
First of all, you need to tell us your current specs so we can answer.

RX 6900 XT from what AMD said is close to 3090 performance. Not the same but close enough. A 3090 can not output 1440p/144Hz with ultra settings and ray tracing in all games. It can at many but not in all.

AMD is working in more than one architecture as all tech companies do, for the future. In each and every presentation they show some graph about next architecture.

If you wait for the end of next year to buy the new CPU, there would be new CPUs by then from both intel and amd.

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019

RX 6900 XT from what AMD said is close to 3090 performance. Not the same but close enough. A 3090 can not output 1440p/144Hz with ultra settings and ray tracing in all games. It can at many but not in all.

AMD is working in more than one architecture as all tech companies do, for the future. In each and every presentation they show some graph about next architecture.

If you wait for the end of next year to buy the new CPU, there would be new CPUs by then from both intel and amd.
My pc specs are listed below the post

COLGeek

Cybernaut
From the OP's signature block (many of us disable that feature so we don't see this info):

• Monitor: Asus TUF Gaming VG27WQ 27" LED Wide QuadHD 165Hz HDR FreeSync Premium Curved

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
From the OP's signature block (many of us disable that feature so we don't see this info):

I'll keep that in mind, i'll update it. Thank you :)

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019

Yes, this system should perform nicely with the next generation (or two) of AMD GPUs.

So i should be good to go with my current rig, right? Regardless of not all games running at 165 FPS (which is not a problem at all, as long as they run fine at ultra). Even with the PSU being enough?

I agree with @COLGeek , your system is good to go as is for a 6900XT. The PSU should not be an issue but more info will be available when they actually start circulating and reviews come forth.

I have the sig on btw but it does not show when I'm answering from my phone, only from desktop. I was on the phone when I replied...

Reactions: rochismo