[SOLVED] Is my PC running at ideal temps?

Jan 15, 2021
Hello! Just got through building my first computer. I was wondering about my CPU (an i5 4590 w/ stock cooler) and GPU (Radeon 560) temperatures, which I've been closely monitoring with OpenHardwareMonitor ever since I got the system up and running a few days ago.

When my computer is doing non-intensive, everyday tasks e.g. browsing the web, using Word, etc., my CPU and GPU temperatures hover around ~97 degrees Fahrenheit (~36 degrees Celsius for my friends who don't live in the US).

While playing games (not anything crazy -- simple stuff like Minecraft w/o additional mods + default video settings), the temps stay hover between 110 degrees Fahrenheit (~43 degrees Celsius) and 135 degrees Fahrenheit (~57 degrees Celsius). The highest I've seen the temps get is about 148 degrees Fahrenheit (~64 degrees Celsius).

Are these temperatures normal? I wanted to make sure so that I can stop aggressively checking the temps every 10 minutes lmfao

Solution
Hello! Just got through building my first computer. I was wondering about my CPU (an i5 4590 w/ stock cooler) and GPU (Radeon 560) temperatures, which I've been closely monitoring with OpenHardwareMonitor ever since I got the system up and running a few days ago.

When my computer is doing non-intensive, everyday tasks e.g. browsing the web, using Word, etc., my CPU and GPU temperatures hover around ~97 degrees Fahrenheit (~36 degrees Celsius for my friends who don't live in the US).

While playing games (not anything crazy -- simple stuff like Minecraft w/o additional mods + default video settings), the temps stay hover between 110 degrees Fahrenheit (~43 degrees Celsius) and 135 degrees Fahrenheit (~57 degrees Celsius). The...

While playing games (not anything crazy -- simple stuff like Minecraft w/o additional mods + default video settings), the temps stay hover between 110 degrees Fahrenheit (~43 degrees Celsius) and 135 degrees Fahrenheit (~57 degrees Celsius). The highest I've seen the temps get is about 148 degrees Fahrenheit (~64 degrees Celsius).

Are these temperatures normal? I wanted to make sure so that I can stop aggressively checking the temps every 10 minutes lmfao
Yes and pretty good for a stock cooler. No worries.

Reactions: TheLoadThatPays
Solution