Question Is My PC Running Okay? (User Benchmark Results)

raynaldosusanto

Honorable
Mar 13, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to pc gaming and recently just got one to do casual gaming on. I went to user benchmark and here are my results:

UserBenchmarks: Game 58%, Desk 78%, Work 58%
CPU: Intel Core i3-9100F - 86.9%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1650S (Super) - 57.5%
SSD: Adata SU650 480GB - 75.6%
RAM: Unknown CL19-19-19 D4-2666 2x8GB - 76.2%
MBD: Asrock H310CM-HDV/M.2

A couple of questions :
  1. Is the result good?
  2. A couple of times when I play games such as Fortnite, is stutters when for example high effects took place (jumping from the plane). Is this normal to happen? And if not, what can fix this?
  3. Should I activate game mode on windows 10?
  4. Which graphic settings can I turn down and has minimal impact on graphic quality but high impact on FPS?

Thanks!

kanewolf

Titan
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to pc gaming and recently just got one to do casual gaming on. I went to user benchmark and here are my results:

A couple of questions :
  1. Is the result good?
  2. A couple of times when I play games such as Fortnite, is stutters when for example high effects took place (jumping from the plane). Is this normal to happen? And if not, what can fix this?
  3. Should I activate game mode on windows 10?
  4. Which graphic settings can I turn down and has minimal impact on graphic quality but high impact on FPS?
Thanks!
First, userbenchmarks is a bad site to use for comparison, IMO. Second, you need to post the link to YOUR results page. There is much more info on there than what you provided.

Reactions: Dean0919

raynaldosusanto

Honorable
Mar 13, 2015
First, userbenchmarks is a bad site to use for comparison, IMO. Second, you need to post the link to YOUR results page. There is much more info on there than what you provided.
Hi,

Please find below the link to the results

Let me know if this helps, thanks!

kanewolf

Titan
Hi,

Please find below the link to the results

Let me know if this helps, thanks!
The only thing that is shown as underperforming is your RAM. It is listed as running at default 2400 speed. You could enable XMP in the BIOS to improve that.
ALL your other components were performing as expected.

raynaldosusanto

Honorable
Mar 13, 2015
The only thing that is shown as underperforming is your RAM. It is listed as running at default 2400 speed. You could enable XMP in the BIOS to improve that.
ALL your other components were performing as expected.

How about the GPU? I still get stuttering sometimes when there is a high visual effect in games such as explosions. Is that normal?

DSzymborski

Titan
How about the GPU? I still get stuttering sometimes when there is a high visual effect in games such as explosions. Is that normal?

Depends on the game and the resolution, so can't really say much about this. The stuttering you see might be FPS drops; this is a very good budget GPU, but it's not something that you throw new games with high settings at. Would need a lot more information about what exactly is happening and your in-game performance data.

The GPU looks OK according to the tests - the 1650S is nice enough, but a long way from being a monster.

I'd look at the memory - it is performing bad enough that it might even have multiple issues. You should enable XMP and get it up to its speced speed. You should also verify that it is running in dual channel mode (it should be).

Fix that and then re-evaluate.

Last edited:

raynaldosusanto

Honorable
Mar 13, 2015
The GPU looks OK according to the tests - the 1650S is nice enough, but a long way from being a monster.

I'd look at the memory - it is performing bad enough that it might even have multiple issues. You should enable XMP and get it up to its speced speed. You should also verify that it is running in dual channel mode (it should be).

Fix that and then re-evaluate.
Thanks for your reply. Is there a link that you can give me on the steps of enabling XMP ? I appreciate the help

raynaldosusanto

Honorable
Mar 13, 2015
The manual is here: https://download.asrock.com/Manual/H310CM-HDVM.2.pdf

It doesn't have much to say on enabling XMP, and I don't have an Asrock board, but it looks like:
  1. enter BIOS
  2. select the OC Tweaker tab
  3. select DRAM configuration
  4. select Load XMP configuration
Maybe somebody with a similar board can fill in the details...

I hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

I've used CPU Z to check my memory and can confirm that it is running dual channel. I've attached the link to the image below.

View: https://imgur.com/exdkyJt

Does everything looks okay ?

Thanks.

raynaldosusanto

Honorable
Mar 13, 2015
Dual channel looks good, but it is still running at 2400 MHz (1199.8 * 2).

The memory is rated for 2666 MHz, which isn't a huge increase, but you paid for it - you might as well use it.

I notice that UserBenchmark has a link to activating XMP - check it out if my instructions didn't help:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suAIR4XtLgI
Hi, I've checked the BIOS but didn't seem to find the XMP settings. I've attached the image link below:

View: https://imgur.com/GA7MBAX