[SOLVED] Is my pc safe this close to my ac

Solution
I would move the PC.

Two reasons:

1) The AC may cool the PC or parts of it to the point where condensation may occur. Water and electronics do not mix.

2) Likewise the airflows could do two things: blow dust around that will end up inside the PC, coat components, and cause overheating. Another possibility is interference with the airflows in and out of the PC. Cooling may be diminished.

It appears that there is quite a bit of dust on the AC as is.

Move the PC. While the PC is unplugged open the case, blow out dust and debris, and then reseat all cards, cables, and RAM to ensure that all are fully and firmly seated.

As always, if you are not doing so, be sure to backup all data and ensure that the backups are recoverable and...

Ralston18

Titan
I would move the PC.

Two reasons:

1) The AC may cool the PC or parts of it to the point where condensation may occur. Water and electronics do not mix.

2) Likewise the airflows could do two things: blow dust around that will end up inside the PC, coat components, and cause overheating. Another possibility is interference with the airflows in and out of the PC. Cooling may be diminished.

It appears that there is quite a bit of dust on the AC as is.

Move the PC. While the PC is unplugged open the case, blow out dust and debris, and then reseat all cards, cables, and RAM to ensure that all are fully and firmly seated.

As always, if you are not doing so, be sure to backup all data and ensure that the backups are recoverable and readable.

Reactions: zyntra
Solution

Ralston18

Titan
Most AC's have a collection tray inside that captures internal condensation and drips it out through a hole or hose/pipe on the outside.

The AC may or may not be able to keep up with internal room humidity which could vary with cooking, showering, weather conditions, and the number of people in the room.

If the humidity is severe then a dehumidifier is used to remove moisture and the drier air feels cooler. Less moisture all around.

The condensation I would worry about is the inside moisture that collects on surfaces cooled by the AC. Those places are where mold will start growing especially if the surface is "out of sight" in a vent, behind furniture, in wall cracks, etc.

Or in the cold bottom of a PC.

TRENDING THREADS