[SOLVED] Is my pc SPEC good enough to run games at descent FPS?

ashwin asher

Commendable
Dec 26, 2019
Hi,

I updated my antique, decade old pc to some new parts, here are the below config :
*PC - Core i5 - 6500T 6M Cache, Base-2.5GHz up to 3.10 GHz
*RAM - CORSAIR 8GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 PC4-19200 2400MHz
*Motherboard - Asus H110M-CS Desktop 6th Generation Motherboard 5X Protection II LGA1151 DDR4 2133 D-Sub USB 3.0 sata 6Gbs Pci-E 16x
*PSU - Corsair VS450 450-Watt
*Hard disk - Seagate 500GB Barracuda

My doubt is am planning to buy graphics card which is ASUS Radeon RX 580 O4G Dual-Fan OC Edition GDDR5 DP HDMI DVI VR Ready AMD Graphics Card (DUAL-RX580-O4G)

Tell me this' ll be good enough and mostly compatible to my pc so that thr'll be no bottleneck like and will be able to play games at descent FPS..??

Thank You

Solution
It's not too bad. You will have a CPU bottleneck in some games, but it shouldn't bee too bad. You will be able to play any game you want, and most will have "decent FPS". Decent is partial to who's perspective it is.

I'd get a GTX 1650 Super if it's not too much more. It has lower power consumption and would go better with your power supply.
It's not too bad. You will have a CPU bottleneck in some games, but it shouldn't bee too bad. You will be able to play any game you want, and most will have "decent FPS". Decent is partial to who's perspective it is.

I'd get a GTX 1650 Super if it's not too much more. It has lower power consumption and would go better with your power supply.

Solution

ashwin asher

Commendable
Dec 26, 2019
Thank you so much man, not to argue but i saw some benchmarks videos where rx 580 out performed it some places vice versa for GTX 1650 super too, so any advantages with 1650 over rx 580, because spending some extra bucks should be worht it, That's why..!!:giggle:

Thank you so much man, not to argue but i saw some benchmarks videos where rx 580 out performed it some places vice versa for GTX 1650 super too, so any advantages with 1650 over rx 580, because spending some extra bucks should be worht it, That's why..!!:giggle:
If it costs more then I would buy the cheaper one. Sometimes they cost the same. Yes, they go back and forth with which one is faster depending on the game. The only other advantage is lower power consumption.

Hi,

I updated my antique, decade old pc to some new parts, here are the below config :
*PC - Core i5 - 6500T 6M Cache, Base-2.5GHz up to 3.10 GHz
*RAM - CORSAIR 8GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 PC4-19200 2400MHz
*Motherboard - Asus H110M-CS Desktop 6th Generation Motherboard 5X Protection II LGA1151 DDR4 2133 D-Sub USB 3.0 sata 6Gbs Pci-E 16x
*PSU - Corsair VS450 450-Watt
*Hard disk - Seagate 500GB Barracuda

My doubt is am planning to buy graphics card which is ASUS Radeon RX 580 O4G Dual-Fan OC Edition GDDR5 DP HDMI DVI VR Ready AMD Graphics Card (DUAL-RX580-O4G)

Tell me this' ll be good enough and mostly compatible to my pc so that thr'll be no bottleneck like and will be able to play games at descent FPS..??

Thank You
I'm not sure a Corsair VS450 is enough to power an RX 580. You might be better off with an Nvidia card they use less power.