[SOLVED] Is My PC The Reason Why My Room Feels Like An Oven?

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
I have an approx. 2 meter x 2meter room with 1 window upstairs and there my computer is living for the past 1 year running non stop. I have a low power Pentium Dual Core e5700 running all day every day no turning off. I don't really have a temperature measuring tool for my room so I would just like to ask this question and would really love to hear the feedback.

How much temperature/heat does my computer add to my room?

It feels very hot, considering that I'm residing in the Philippines with a 26 - 30 degree celsius average day temperature living inside a 2 storey house at full concrete getting direct sunlight from the sun with no blocks from neighbouring houses. My main room where the PC reside is 2x2 meter large.

Main PC:
Pentium Dual Core E5700
LGA 775 socket board
2 hard drive
1 fan
open case
gt220
500 watts

Backup PC:
Athlon II x2 255
AM4 socket asus board
2 hard drive
1 fan
open case
gt220
500watts

REASON FOR ASKING:
I would like to place it where it's cooler. I feel like i'm living in an oven right now. Just would like to know if it adds up too much heat to my room.

Solution
Sorry about that, I really have no thermometer for a room in here.
Room size: 2x2m concrete (2nd floor)
Push: Maximum Energy / Performance
Time Online: 24/7
Ventilation: 1 1foot window

Thanks anyways. Can't delete the thread.

Yeah, that's a tiny room (for those who don't think in metric, it's slightly smaller than the average jail cell in the US) and with only a small ventilation window, any PC use will create a lot of heat for the room.

There are two things you can do: produce less heat or do a better job removing the excess heat. The former means using your PC less often. The latter may mean an air conditioner or a fan ejecting the hot air to the outside.

DSzymborski

Titan
How much heat the PC adds depends on how much you're pushing the PC, the size of the room, the ventilation of the room, etc. A thermometer would be the proper tool here along with the monitored temperatures inside the computer, not strangers who have limited information.

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
How much heat the PC adds depends on how much you're pushing the PC, the size of the room, the ventilation of the room, etc. A thermometer would be the proper tool here along with the monitored temperatures inside the computer, not strangers who have limited information.

DSzymborski

Titan

Yeah, that's a tiny room (for those who don't think in metric, it's slightly smaller than the average jail cell in the US) and with only a small ventilation window, any PC use will create a lot of heat for the room.

There are two things you can do: produce less heat or do a better job removing the excess heat. The former means using your PC less often. The latter may mean an air conditioner or a fan ejecting the hot air to the outside.

Solution

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
That is going to be maybe 500 BTU/Hour (sorry, I don't think in metric), in a 40 square foot room - I'd say that is going to be a noticeable amount of heat.

Sorry :) , you can imagine 2 average asian pair of arms stretched side by side. So yea, pretty small that's why I really bothered posting this stupid question haha. Sorry about that.

Where we live the winters Get cold and our summers get to 110 to 116. We use computers during winter to stay warm and during summer computers backend is sitting in the window blowing out.

LOL, wow, you can have my PC then. You'll need no fire no more. I leave it running 24/7 that'll be a huge help. xD

Yea, for an american man yea tiny for sure haha. Feel like I'm in an oven right now. I'll consider that AC or maybe exhaust i think? Thanks for the suggestion BTW.

Ah yea the window, about 2 x 3 feet sorry wrong spec.