Question Is my PC under performing

Apr 26, 2019
im new here so sorry if this is the wrong place for this.

anyone have the same specs as me and get better fps, just wondering if my PC is under performing.

gta v high settings 55-65 fps
assassins creed origins high settings 40-60 fps
battlefront 2 ultra settings 60-70 fps
battlefield v high settings 40-60 fps
Rainbow Six Siege hig 60-75 fps

my specs are:
gtx 1060 6gb
i5 8400
PRIME H310M-K
AYWUN 700w
8gb ddr4 ram

and just a side question does anyone recommend overclocking with this motherboard or should i wait to upgrade?

Last edited:

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Can't really say anything about how the performance is,you should go and look at some reviews/video's.

Do have to say that using such an unknown psu with just a 2 year warranty is not a very good choice and i really recommend to replace that.You could make do with a Corsair CX450M and be fine wattage wise,is often not that expensive.
Also you cannot overclock with that motherboard nor the cpu,you could maybe run all cores at max turbo with "Z" motehrboard. Still would use decent cooling for that.

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
well for the price of the cooler master psu you could get something better like EVGA g2/g3, or Seasonic focus plus gold.
but for benchmarks like everyone else try looking it up on youtube or forums. but the gtx 1060 isnt really a powerful gpu so id personally expect those frames on all high settings.

Apr 26, 2019
Can't really say anything about how the performance is,you should go and look at some reviews/video's.

Do have to say that using such an unknown psu with just a 2 year warranty is not a very good choice and i really recommend to replace that.You could make do with a Corsair CX450M and be fine wattage wise,is often not that expensive.
Also you cannot overclock with that motherboard nor the cpu,you could maybe run all cores at max turbo with "Z" motehrboard. Still would use decent cooling for that.
so if i upgraded my motherboard, any recommendations? (affordable)

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
In all, honesty would i first upgrade the ram. your cpu should still do 3.8ghz on all cores with max turbo on all cores. maybe get a decent cooler to facilitate that.

Back to the ram,get the feeling that you run 1x8gb,i would rather have 2x8gb in there with at least a speed of 2666mhz. This is what that motherboard max supports speedwize. You could get higher speed,but that would run at 2666mhz max anyway,which could be fine if wanting to upgrade the motherboard anyway in the future. You could even try and tighten the timings with such ram if the bios gives that possibility. Also if a higher speed ram would be less costly could that be a reason to get it and let it run at a max of 2666mhz.

Last edited: