[SOLVED] Is my PC underperforming?

vilok9

Prominent
Jan 9, 2022
Hi, last summer I built my first gaming PC after so many years, and I wanted it to have the best components I could afford.
But after so many months I still think that it is underperforming, and I don't know why.

The components are:
-CPU: AMD Ryzen 7-5800X
-GPU: AMD RX 6900XT
-Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge Wifi
-SSD: WD Blue SN550 NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB
-RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB
-Power Supply: Nfortec Sagitta RGB 850w 80 plus gold full modular

I have updated all drivers as well.

I play on 2560x1440 and, for example, Dark Souls III runs 55 FPS, meanwhile other games like Forza Horizon 5 are literally unplayable even on the lowest settings.

What could I do? The only thing that I thought is maybe the power supply is not enought.

I post the results of UserBenchmark next:

UserBenchmarks: Game 171%, Desk 95%, Work 179%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X - 92.3%
GPU: AMD RX 6900-XT - 190.4%
SSD: WD Blue SN550 NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB - 228%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB - 65.3%
MBD: MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7C91)

Can anyone help me with this? Thank you

Solution
And I have one last question, sometimes the PC restart randomly, not so often, and windows doesn't show any error, just restart, what could be the cause?
This could be a power supply issue.
Try running a few different benchmarks that test different components separately. Prime95 (blended test without any AVX) for CPU, Memtest86 for RAM, Furmark for GPU. See if you get any weirdness, crashes, freezes, or reboots during any of these tests. Run Prime 95 for at least 15 mins, Memtest through at least one full pass, and Furmark for at least 15 mins.

vilok9

Prominent
Jan 9, 2022
Thank you so much to both of you! I did the Userbenchmark test again and it improved a lot (https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/49461256), although it says other components like the GPU or the CPU could perform way better, does it refer to OC them? If that's the case I'm not really interested right now.

By the way, Dark Souls III caps at 60 FPS and there is no way to change that, but right now its FPS are solid as rock, when before they were always at 50-55 FPS. I will try again with other games.

And I have one last question, sometimes the PC restart randomly, not so often, and windows doesn't show any error, just restart, what could be the cause?

Thank you so much again!

Reactions: kurdtnz

vilok9

Prominent
Jan 9, 2022
Do you know what BIOS version your motherboard is currently on?
I manually installed the version that allowed the motherboard to be compatible with the new Ryzen 5000, 7C91v16 or 7C91v17, if I remember correctly. It seems there is one last version from December, v18. Should I update? Although those problems come from before that date for sure.

This could be a power supply issue.
Try running a few different benchmarks that test different components separately. Prime95 (blended test without any AVX) for CPU, Memtest86 for RAM, Furmark for GPU. See if you get any weirdness, crashes, freezes, or reboots during any of these tests. Run Prime 95 for at least 15 mins, Memtest through at least one full pass, and Furmark for at least 15 mins.

Solution