Is my performance fitting with my setup?

Jesse_88

Prominent
Apr 3, 2017
So, my setup is:
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6Gb
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955
RAM: 2x4Gb DDR3
MB: Asrock 870 Extreme3

I did a Fire Strike benchmark with 3DMark and I got a score of 8285, is this good? Are there some settings in my pc that aren't configured well that make my PC slower somehow or is it just my CPU bottlenecking?

(this is my score: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/19704944 )

I want to know this because I cannot seem to get over 60 fps on Ghost Recon: Wildlands... Setting the game to the lowest settings makes almost no difference for me, at most it gives me 10-15 fps more but still not over 60.

Also, my motherboard supports this "turbo" thing that shows a screen when I start up my PC. Should I enable this by pressing X or should I leave this off?

DigitalHamster

Respectable
Nov 10, 2016
Sometimes performance can be boosted by having the right drivers and such...
Make sure your nVidia drivers are up to date.
If your PC was built very close to the release date of the motherboard, it is possible the BIOS has an update which will improve performance. A while ago I heard that new Skylake BIOSes were increasing performance by close to 20%, compared to the BIOS that shipped out of the factory.

If you find a BIOS update for your motherboard, take care and remember to read the articles on the internet!
It should all be fine though, I have done many flashes on my GPUs and nothing has gone wrong yet.

Jesse_88

Prominent
Apr 3, 2017

Thank you for your reply!

I am very sure I've got the right Nvidia drivers installed, because I updated them last week and GeForce doesn't give me any new updates yet.
I didn't look for new BIOS updates since I am kind of new to the whole PC thing, I always used to just play simple games on my laptop, thank you for your tip though I will search for them now!

Jesse_88

Prominent
Apr 3, 2017

So I updated the BIOS drivers (don't know if they weren't already the newest version) by downloading the windows updater from the website and following the instructions given. I did another benchmark but it didn't get much better...
: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/19705593

Jesse_88

Prominent
Apr 3, 2017

I think I can overclock it, but I am a little afraid of doing that to be honest. I've never overclocked anything and since it's a pretty old cpu I don't want it to break...

If I can overclock it without breaking it or something I'll be happy to do it :D

Jesse_88

Prominent
Apr 3, 2017

I don't know what type of cooler I have got on my PC actually, I bought it secondhand like this.
I can tell you (if it gives you any help) that when playing videogames my GPU gets around 55-65 degrees celcius.